OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No, mine's a 2005 Z71 2WD package. Only year they made those. 200,000 miles and still going strong. Preventive maintenance is the key.

Roof rack lights were a mod I did using halogen lights I got off Ebay. Hooked them up to the trailer hitch wiring harness with a switch under dash also for lighting things up really good at night. Really good for putting the trailer ball directly under the hitch at night. With backup camera of course.

View attachment 267200

Swapping the cluster for the tranny gauge is an option, but more expensive and you will still have to have it reprogrammed for correct odometer reading. I put in blue LED's in mine at the same time.

Wheels are 2007 Yukon.

View attachment 267202

Ok, 2wd huh. Interesting. It looks like the rack light mount spots are already tilted down to likely the correct angle so the mounting would be easier to accomplish.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali cluster also has it if you can't find or don't like the Escalade cluster. Yes- plug-and-play. Hell, I plugged a Denali cluster into my '02 S10 and the trans temp gauge worked. All the gauges worked, tach was off (S10 was a V-6).

Pretty sure you'll need a late-year '03 or '04+ cluster, though. You'll also need to have the mileage programmed.

I think the 2500 hd trucks had transmission temp as well, if he wanted to keep a more stock look

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are numerous places that will add the tranny temp gauge, as well as change backlighting, fix dim PRNDL displays, replace stepper motors, etc. Decide what you want, check the reviews, and do it.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Spanks.

Are they plug and play as well? Any year specs on that or are the useful years the same as above, 2003-2005?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10