OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I was mad that he had not called me to say they would not be done as planned but then when I found out how far he has spiraled out I understood why he had not called. I think he was and is afraid of what I would think and say. He will soon have no choice. I myself and three other close friends will be paying him a visit soon and the wife will know before it all happens. I have never known him to do drugs and as far as I know he is not messing around behind his wife's back and she assured me he is not. Time will tell. @Tonyrodz, you are correct. While I was disappointed about the appliques and got a little mad about his excuses that I knew were ********, I walked out and thought long and hard about mine and his history and he has never done things like this before. His word was gospel. If he promised, it got done. That is why I reached out to the wife and got the deep dive story.

Now that I think about it, the best way for him to come back from all this is his work and business that his family counts on. I will wait as long as it takes to have him do all the work we planned. My friends will do what we all can to bury him in work and spread the word. You would be amazed how American Legion post members can come up with needed paint work on the spur of a moment.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fully agree. Never let a good friend go down into oblivion, until you have exhausted ALL possible intervention strategies. I, as a layperson, believe that there may be another underlying issue that is driving his actions, and you will need to bore down to it, in your conversation with him.

Personally, I've been there, as well, and I still continue to thank those who helped rescue me from oblivion.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@PNW VietVet Can you give an update on your thoughts and experiences regarding the Hellwig sway bars? I know that your initial experience was very positive, and I'd like to know if you still feel that way.

I am seriously considering purchasing a set, and I see now that the anticipated delivery time for an order for the rear sway bar for my truck is June, so, I'd like to place my order now, if you are still very positive on those sway Hellwig bars.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@PNW VietVet Can you give an update on your thoughts and experiences regarding the Hellwig sway bars? I know that your initial experience was very positive, and I'd like to know if you still feel that way.

I am seriously considering purchasing a set, and I see now that the anticipated delivery time for an order for the rear sway bar for my truck is June, so, I'd like to place my order now, if you are still very positive on those sway Hellwig bars.

Yes, still nothing but positive things to say about the Hellwig bar kits. Very soon I will have the rear appliques done that got delayed and then I am getting new tires and alignment. I may be setting the rear sway bar at the stiffest point at that time. I will road test with new tires and then see if I do that adjustment. Every day I am amazed at the handling difference these bars made. I would think every Z71 package should have an option of a better sway bar kits set up. I have even noticed that when I pass a tractor/trailer going the opposite direction on a 2 lane, that the buffeting I used to feel is virtually gone. I know the new Moog rear springs also help but I am convinced that the Hellwig bars made 90% of the difference. The new KYB shocks helped as well. If you are even thinking about these Hellwig bar kits, I would not hesitate at all. The only thing that sucks is the wait.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, still nothing but positive things to say about the Hellwig bar kits. Very soon I will have the rear appliques done that got delayed and then I am getting new tires and alignment. I may be setting the rear sway bar at the stiffest point at that time. I will road test with new tires and then see if I do that adjustment. Every day I am amazed at the handling difference these bars made. I would think every Z71 package should have an option of a better sway bar kits set up. I have even noticed that when I pass a tractor/trailer going the opposite direction on a 2 lane, that the buffeting I used to feel is virtually gone. I know the new Moog rear springs also help but I am convinced that the Hellwig bars made 90% of the difference. The new KYB shocks helped as well. If you are even thinking about these Hellwig bar kits, I would not hesitate at all. The only thing that sucks is the wait.
Man, I can’t wait to put some on my Yukon!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Perhaps one reason the factory doesn’t do a stiffer set on the Z71 is because it’s their “Off Road” option? Stiff anti roll will toss you around more in the rough stuff. I have swaybar disconnect on my pickup truck and it makes a nicer ride off pavement.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Super!! Thank you for your quick reply. Much appreciated.

I just ordered a set for my Yukon XL Denali. Soon, we will have 2 old men running with these Hellwig sway bars.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia