Optima batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DieHard Platinum's or Odyssey Batteries ReBranded...Best bang for your buck!

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DieHard Platinum's or Odyssey Batteries ReBranded...Best bang for your buck!

I agree. Diehard or Deka probably your best value. Sears runs specials on the diehard all the time. You can get them on sale around $170 for a group 34.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I agree that sears diehard (rebranded odysseys) are good batteries. Pretty much anything is better than optima, even batteries from walmart and autozone/advance.

I've been using a $100 34/78 with side and top post from advance for a year with several full drains (parasitic draw it took a while to find) and a 1000w rms stereo no problems.

All the OP needs is a high CCA battery. Unless you plan on running electronics with the truck off, then I would recommend a deep cycle battery. Boat/RV batteries are designed for deep cycle.

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 2 red tops. Have literally never had a problem for the last 3 years. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I have heard Awesome things about the DieHard and Odyssey batteries though.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had luck with my red tops, only had one out of the 3 I have go bad. They are made in Mexico now and after they made that switch is when they went to crap. Too bad Exide doesn't make the Purple Haze anymore, that was a baaaad dude.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!! ok cool, guess ill stick with what I have for now until someone comes out with something comparable to what the Old Optimas used to be like, thanks everyone for your input!!

1Agerry

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have replace my red top five time's now. don't buy it, there junk.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I've got SEVERAL Walmart batteries that are over 5 years old, even got a pair running in a dual setup and all are fine, same with my Optima.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed