old tail lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have some old (stock) tail lights and they stated looking crapy, so i decided that i needed new ones but didnt wanna spend money on new ones just yet
so i took them off and cleared them, i think they almost look brand new!!
is there some place that sells brighter bulbs that would make it look brighter and would fit in the stock housing??

img1259713035321.jpg

oh and i painted and cleared the back vent thingy it looked old with all this new paint!

img1259713036028.jpg

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Looks good man! I did the same haha. I wet sanded all the imperfections out of the old clearcoat with 2000 grit then hit it with 3 coats of clear. Look like new! I never minded the stock tails, they flow nicely with our trucks

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Looks good! I don't know what they looked like before but the tails look nearly good as new.

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow your truck is coming along!

Nice

thanks bro shes finally getting the attention she deserves!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Looks good! I don't know what they looked like before but the tails look nearly good as new.

they started turning white i shoulda taken a before pic, but u can kinda see the tail in my signature pic,

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look pretty good. Never really thought about doing that... Good Job..

I wonder can that be done to the front if you sand all the yellow off and then clear coat them???

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look pretty good. Never really thought about doing that... Good Job..

I wonder can that be done to the front if you sand all the yellow off and then clear coat them???
hmmm idk i have some old front lights i can try it on and take pics if ud like

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that would be great... Let us know how it comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n