Offset for flush 17x9 wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uberschprung

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening everyone!

This is my first formal post here, but I've been in the dark snooping for some time! I have a 2004 Z71 that I love to death. In my opinion, this platform is the best bang for your buck all-terrain rig you can get in the market right now.

My question is in regards to which offset I should be looking at for my wheel/tire setup. I have factory suspension. I ordered 285/70R17 KM3's and need a set of wheels to compliment them. My wheel choice is the fuel vector D600 17x9.

Now, this is where I could use some advice as I don't deal with aftermarket wheels ever. They offer a +7 or -12 offset. I'm looking for a flush fitment of my tires--a tiny but of poke out would be okay. From my research, the -12 would be the way to go to achieve this. Does anyone have personal experience with these offsets/sizes or know if I'm on the right path?

I appreciate any help in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Personally I run OEM wheels whenever possible, and I wouldn’t hesitate to run 285’s on them.

My brother ran that size on his stock GMT800.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What width wheels came with your truck? If you still have them, the offset is molded into the backside of the rim. Can you look at that?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can compare the difference between your OE size and your new wheels here: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

If I found the correct OE wheels that came on your truck, they are 17x7.5" with a 31mm offset. When you go with a wider tire you'll likely want to decrease the offset somewhat to keep the wider wheel away from the inside liner on turns.

I run stock 18x8.5" OE 2015 Silverado wheels with a 24mm offset, 265/65R18 tires with no rubbing. My OE wheel size was 16x7" with a 31mm offset:

2004 Chevy Tahoe OEM Wheel Size_resized.jpg

Last edited:

GMT800LUVR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have 17x9 pacer lt mods -12 off set with 285/70/17 no name a/t tires on stock keys maxed out
truck sets almost perfectly level and just barely rubs the inner plastic at full lock when backing out my drive way

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good! How about a pic down the side so we can see how much or if they stick out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu