OEM Fog Light plugs on harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2009 Yukon XL that had been in a front-end wreck and repair. Was supposed to be minor but I saw "Tahoe 08" written on the frame bumper support underneath so I suspect that it was more involved than CarFax led me to believe. They have blanks over the fog light openings, but I know this car used to have factory fog lights. The on/off switch for the fog lights is on the dash (and works - it puts power on the fuse position when on) and they have a fog lamp module in the fuse box. Where would the actual fog light wiring harness plugs likely be located? I can not see them crawling under the front. Could someone with fog lights tell me from where their harness breaks out?

IMG_20210315_113141551resize .jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have to pull the inner fender liner to see them... or at least the front portion of it. They hang down behind the steel bumper reinforcement.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ve never had to use Carfax on their guarantee. Have you considered giving them a call to see if there’s any compensation you might be entitled to?

Proof is in the pudding on this if the front rebar was replaced and from another vehicle. Doesn’t mean you got screwed but if may help to pay for a set of fog lights and brackets.

Check out YouTube for how to remove Tahoe/Yukon bumper cover. It’ll show where everything is at. I’m sure your pig tails for the lights are tucked away somewhere. There’s also a set of aftermarket assemblies with a slight tint that put out more light and look better. Someone will chime in who’s got them or familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues