Odometer/Trip not working on my 1996 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys as you can tell I am new to the Forum, as I am also the new owner of a 1996 Yukon SLT. I was able to pick this beauty up for $2k. The only proplem I am having with it is the Odometer/Trip is not working. The speedo is pretty accurate but it is not clicking the odometer. Any ideas? I did a search on how to remove the dash but came up empty. Any help with that would be nice as well.

On a side note I am building this as a project truck. Currently I have a Summit High Output Inition Coil, Summit 8mm Plug Wires, Summit Cap and Rotor, Bosch OE Iridium Spark Plugs, and a Volant Cool Air Intake. Parts are at my house just waiting to be installed. Next week I am getting an exhaust system with two high flow cats and a Flowmaster 50 series muffler.

Thanks
Dubya

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you will have to send the instrument cluster off to a repair shop to fix that problem. the dash bezel unsnaps all over the edges. drop your steering wheel to lowest position put tranny in lowest position( apply parking brakes and chock wheels first. ) when separated unplug any harnesses and remove the four screws holding the clusters in.

And on a side note use only acdelco 41-993 or autolite xp605 plugs unless you are doing some major ignition makeover. I personally use a complete a complete msd setup k&n fipk among many other things. magnaflow sells a bolt on converter assy for less then $300 if you live outside California.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a new cluster, they can be had for literally $25on ebay just swap it.

OP
OP
D

Dubya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section.... My bad stinkin newbie!

Thanks for the replys, I am going to go to the local pick and pull here in Flagstaff and see what I can find. If nothing is there I will go the ebay route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC