Odometer mileage change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ender92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone.I bought an 05 tahoe recently with 104k miles on. Took it on 2 different trips and then my wife drove it to work maybe a dozen times. I then got in it and somehow the odometer changed to 1200 miles. This happened after the trips at some point and there's no way we put that many miles on it since then. Has anybody had this happen to them?The only other thing to change was the engine hours which also reset.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

ender92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm def not on the trip. The trips did not reset. And yes it went from 104k and was at 1293 when I noticed it had changed. There's a slight chance it had reset to 0 and no one noticed but I'm almost 100% positive there's no way we put that many miles on it.

OP
OP
E

ender92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought of that but it would have 101293 or 111293 on it which neither is possible. Nothing else on the screen looks strange or reads wrong either like a number would be burnt out. I'm not sure what to do other than send the cluster out to have the actual mileage read off of it and reset which I've been told is at least 300$?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought of that but it would have 101293 or 111293 on it which neither is possible. Nothing else on the screen looks strange or reads wrong either like a number would be burnt out. I'm not sure what to do other than send the cluster out to have the actual mileage read off of it and reset which I've been told is at least 300$?

no, many local speedometer shops will fix it for less, check craigslist too there's always someone around here doing gauges as a "side gig" and I don't know if anything can be "read from it", usually there just reprogrammed to the mileage you state it should be

OP
OP
E

ender92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks I'll have to call around and see what I can find out then.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If it’s possible for you to have the vehicle parked for a few days without a cluster I can program the cluster for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons