NP0 to NQH 2 Speed Transfer Case Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Gang - I am looking to swap my 1 speed transfer case (NP0 option) out for a 2 speed transfer case (NQH option). So far I know I will need the TC itself, the 4WD switch, and the appropriate TCCM.

I've listed the parts that I believe to be correct to do the swap. If any of you that have done this swap or are knowledgeable could confirm or correct my choices, I would greatly appreciate it. I got a great deal on this truck, just didn't have the 2 speed TC option. Working on building it up as an overland vehicle. Thank you all!

----------

Transfer Case

For the TC I am finding 2 options. I'm hoping someone can point me to the correct one for my application. I have a 2017 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD, NP0.

Transfer Case - GM (84605821)​

OEM GM Transfer Case For 2016-2020 GM

Transfer Case - GM (84605819)​

OEM GM Transfer Case For 2009-2020 GM

This one claims to be 5821 option and looks like a decent price.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Case Control Module

This looks like it should be correct for the 2 speed transfer case

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4WD Selector Switch

Looks to be correct

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great plan, I can’t wait to see what happens. I have the single speed option and would like the 2 speed case if the sway is that easy.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang - I am looking to swap my 1 speed transfer case (NP0 option) out for a 2 speed transfer case (NQH option). So far I know I will need the TC itself, the 4WD switch, and the appropriate TCCM.

I've listed the parts that I believe to be correct to do the swap. If any of you that have done this swap or are knowledgeable could confirm or correct my choices, I would greatly appreciate it. I got a great deal on this truck, just didn't have the 2 speed TC option. Working on building it up as an overland vehicle. Thank you all!

----------

Transfer Case

For the TC I am finding 2 options. I'm hoping someone can point me to the correct one for my application. I have a 2017 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD, NP0.

4WD Selector Switch

Looks to be correct

On the previous generation, you have to program the transfer case module and I reckon you'll have to do the same.

@Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
On my 2011 I swapped those three parts without any programing needed on mine. It has been a 100k miles since then still going fine.

rediron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was this successful? I have a 2020 Suburban LT and I'm upgrading the ring & pinon and I want to do this at the same time as well.

Still kicking myself that I missed the no 4wd low when i purchased it

rediron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

----------

Transfer Case

4WD Selector Switch

Looks to be correct

Do you know the difference between the 5821 vs the 5819?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh