Not your typical suspension question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy the 3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 03 Yukon xl Denali 1500. The auto level conked out a few years ago, bags had holes and burnt out the pump. I put in some heavy duty springs because we tow a 32 foot camper but the ride height in the rear is considerably higher then the front which is still the electronic shocks. I need new shocks front and back but don't know if I need shocks for a lift or not. Can this be figured out by the wheel gap?

denali5500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want to level out the front, I suggest installing 2-3 inch torsion keys. The height can be adjusted accordingly. You can keep the shocks you have up front but by this time, you should really look into some Bilstein 5100's.

denali5500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To replace the rear shocks, buy Bilstein 5100's and they should be a straight swap. Disconnect the battery and remove the autoride fuse to get rid of the warning in the dash. The compressor can also be removed as they have no need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts