Not sure if my DIC is working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutchman

Reaction score
That is, my Driver Information Center...

I have an aftermarket radio installed and the volume, seek and source buttons on my steering wheel function with the radio. But the lower buttons don't do anything. According to the owner's manual, I should be able to scroll through a menu of settings and personalize several settings.

The display works. It shows "DRIVER 1" when I start the truck and when I first got it, it shows "CHECK WASHER FLUID" which was low. So it seems the DIC itself is working, but the buttons are not responsive.

So my question is how hard is it to check and see if they were disconnected when the radio was installed?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubtful the radio has anything to do with the dic controls, the swc data for the radio travel thru the oem radio harness and the dic control data would be on a different circuit. could just be bad buttons. you could try replacing 1 of them and see if it works if so then do the others if not then the problem lies elsewhere. the buttons going bad is not uncommon

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Wes said, the DIC has nothing to do with the stereo. Probably collapsed buttons or the contacts need to be cleaned. Try opening up your DIC and cleaning. The switch contacts.

OP
OP
Dutchman

Dutchman

Reaction score
It seems easy enough to swap the switches. I’ll try that first.
The only reason I mentioned the radio was I thought the installer might have sacrificed the DIC buttons in the steering wheel to get the others to work with the radio.
The display works and the DIC itself seems to be working. I recently programmed a new fob as well as resetting the oil life and the display showed what it should have. I think it’s just the buttons. I’ll order me a set and let you know.
Thanks for the feedback...again.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the Babe of the day section and that will diagnose for you! Or fix the title.. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts