Not sure if anyone else experienced this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattysHoe95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 275795For the 4 years I have owned this truck I have had HVAC airflow issues. Air coming out of all the vents at all times no matter what I did with the controls. I found out the valves/flaps in the upper stack on the heater box had all fell and all of the rubber on them disintegrated. So even putting them back in place did nothing really. Since I am replacing all of the A/C components I decided to tackle that also. All without removing the dash or the heater box. First I cut an access panel in the heater box and replaced the evaporator then re-installed the section I cut out and taped it. That took 1 day. Then in 2 days I was able to remove each directional valve/flap with a small amount of heater box modification and As tight as it was, After 4 years I finally have the airflow coming out where it should vs heater control position. Now I finally have some stronger airflow again too!. Can't wait to see how well the A/C works when it is done. I am just waiting for the Aux condenser fan to come in so I can get back to work on it. Moral of the story is.. Nothing is impossible!

View attachment 275794

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had issues with my Air Conditioning not blowing through the upper vents. It ended up being the blend door actuators under the dash had broken. Was this part of your issue?

OP
OP
MattysHoe95

MattysHoe95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I had issues with my Air Conditioning not blowing through the upper vents. It ended up being the blend door actuators under the dash had broken. Was this part of your issue?

All of my actuators were fine. I had the issue whether using the A/C or heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts