Not Hauling Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakcbeast

Reaction score
Should the front tire pressure be a bit higher than the rear to account for the added weight?

OP
OP
Dakcbeast

Dakcbeast

Reaction score
Look at your door sticker.
Original!! Haha.. it's gone. I've Googled the recommended PSI. I'm wondering if anyone runs a specific street setup for the best ride. Went to 32. Put front to 35 and 33 rear. I think I'm going to go up to 35 in the rear as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original!! Haha.. it's gone. I've Googled the recommended PSI. I'm wondering if anyone runs a specific street setup for the best ride. Went to 32. Put front to 35 and 33 rear. I think I'm going to go up to 35 in the rear as well.
Your truck's tires are supposed to be inflated to 35 psi front and rear. This is all the time whether you are towing or not and this pressure includes all of the original tire sizes that your truck came with.

Now, if you are running an LT tire and not a P-Metric in the stock sizes, they should be at 42 psi. If you have 35s then we need to talk! LOL

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
This is always a controversial question on every forum I’ve seen. My position is the door sticker is for stock tires and rated GVW. If you’re under GVW, then by how much is the question. You can always weigh the vehicle with separate front/ rear axle weights and go by the load inflation table published by YOUR tire maker.

I wouldn’t have heartburn over 35/33 empty myself. Presuming stock tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmoade