no tips just good sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
ok guys im back again with another question ok here goes i need to replace my exhaust system it sounds bad and making me mad because one of the straps broke holding the driver side and messed up my brake lines they are staight out the back now but dont really like that look any more so i was thinking out the sides but not sure then i seen a guy with a nice sounding exhaust on a silverado but he did not have any pipes comming out the back or the side. has any one done this before and do u guys have any pics of them? advice and muffler rec or glass pack rec thanks

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
he probably just used a "turn down" after his muffler or something. Turn downs right under the cab of the truck/suv get pretty annoying and has some drone to them.

You can use turndowns right after the rear axle so it wont echo as much inside the cab. just a thought

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turn downs are VERY annoying.....I had it and couldn't stand it anymore so I went back to the full tailpipe.

OP
OP
blue99tahoe24

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
yea i guess they where bcuz after the muffler itn was two short pipes i just dont want to run in to the same problem with the exhaust tearing my brake lines up i think i might just throw them off the side i wanted to do a roll pan with the exhaust cut out in the middle like the corvettes anybody got any pics??? thank for warning me about them being dumped lol

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i dont have any pictures on my computer, but there is a user on here who has square tips coming out of his rollpan.. his name is something limited. ill try and find it.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

edit.. found him..

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Check out this video of my '99 Tahoe exhaust sound. It's a single off to the side, but doesn't interfere with brake lines, and allows me to use my rear hitch without throwing exhaust carbon all over whatever is there. At the very least you can get an idea of the exhaust note with the components I used. That is of course... if you haven't replaced things yet, I just saw this post 2day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmZ2N3rMZo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble

Latest posts