No spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 97 Tahoe. I tried the update with jumper wire on the ECM for no shift into 3rd and 4th gear. Now I have no spark. The ECM fuse's are good and I installed a new crank sensor. Still no spark, any ideas what it could be?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Introduction thread lost another one.

What does it look like inside the distributor? How old are the parts in the distributor? May have damaged the ECM.

There is an UPDATE that talks about a jumper wire on the ECM helping with trans shifts? Care to share that UPDATE?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to need to pull your ICM out of your distributor, and get it tested. They have a pretty common failure rate, so thats where I would start. Its sits just under the cap and rotor. I think it has 2 or 4 screws, and 2-3 sets of wires.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in addition I think you need to do a crank position relearn since you replaced the sensor, not sure if that applies to the obs motors or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2