No power to driver's seat, stuck in one spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My driver's seat lost all power. It does nothing, and is frozen in an uncomfortable position (my wife's settings). I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've checked pretty much everything I've been able to dig up on the net and still have no ideas. Doesn't appear to be a fuse, or if it is I am not looking at the right one.

Any suggestions?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's seat lost all power. It does nothing, and is frozen in an uncomfortable position (my wife's settings). I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've checked pretty much everything I've been able to dig up on the net and still have no ideas. Doesn't appear to be a fuse, or if it is I am not looking at the right one.

Any suggestions?

Check for any loose/chafed wire. Had this happen to me and had no more seat or window control functions on Passenger side.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, check for broken wires under the seat near the tracks. Also, when you push any of the buttons, do you hear anything at all (like a click from the motor at all)? Also, try unplugging the battery for a few hours and then plug it back in a give it a try (just a stab in the dark).
Glad to see you back on here, too bad it's for something like this but nice to hear from you Scott! Hope you are doing well other than having a messed up seat!! :)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
If nothing works then manually overuse it. Splice in and move it back just to get it good then fix it when possible

02gmcdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a similar problem in my 2004 Silverado. There should be a 50 AMP fuse in the under hood box labeled something like "Mid-Bus". It supplies power to the fuse block under the dash and when mine blew it cut power to the drivers seat. Also check behind the carpet underneath the parking brake pedal. Mine had a wire where the insulation had been wore off and was grounding out to blow the fuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo