No one is allowed to make fun of me unless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
They provide an answer.

So I just now after owning my Tahoe for years, realized (thanks to info from this board) that my tahoe DOES NOT have auto ride even tho the original window sticker shows it. :supergay: I never looked/delt with the rear suspension thinking I had it and couldnt do much with it. I have changed my own rear brakes, rotated my own tires etc... but never paid any attention to anything other then the job at hand. I crawled under there last night and realized I had the big black factory shocks with no airlines going into them. :party33:

Anyway, after researching on this site, I found out that to level it, I either need to raise the stock keys, or buy 2" ford keys or cut the rear shocks. are those my only options and which do you guys recommend? I hate the rake it has now. I wouldnt mind thicker more truck like tires so maybe the front keys is the way to go but dont want a harsh ride.

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't really cut the rear shocks...

Lower the rear, buy 1in BellTech 5301 drop coils -best, easiest option bc there is nothing else that needs to be done.

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I win....

I wont poke fun....

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Would like to bring the rear down to match the front.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Ok so I win....

I wont poke fun....

Thank you for your restraint. :Handshake:

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
i would just go with some lowering coils. If thats how you do it. I have no idea how to lower a truck. If you want to lift it. Just crank your stock keys. You should get around 36" in fender height.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Can't really cut the rear shocks...

Lower the rear, buy 1in BellTech 5301 drop coils -best, easiest option bc there is nothing else that needs to be done.

B

Sorry, I meant cut the coils. Maybe you cant do that either but I read on here in one of the threads that you can do that. But if there is a part to buy (1in belltech 5301 drop coils) I would prefer to do that instead of cutting.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant cut the coils because they wont seat in pockets (the last coil on each end is wound in a tighter diameter than the rest of the coils). PLus you'll end up changing the spring rate once you cut them and the ride will become bouncier. Pick up a set of aftermarket lowering coils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts