No one grumbling about LZ0 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should make its way to the SUV platform for the '24 mid-cycle refresh. Fuel economy numbers are still not public - my guess is a drop in 1mpg for the combined mpg. As solid as the LM2 has been, I have no problem missing out on the LZ0 - then again at this rate my now '23 order probably doesn't get picked up until the switch to '24...

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing advertised that makes me say “gotta have it”.
It will have 2 def injectors instead of one, and most likely more emissions equipment installed. 100% happy with what I have….

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like not much difference and not worth the cost of upgrade if you already have an LM2. I’m just hoping more aftermarket stuff will come out. Don’t care about performance but feel like the sound could really wake up on these!

OP
OP
D

dbphillips

Reaction score
? I'm taking performance over sound all day long.

But at $5k higher sticker and probably more by the time the LZ0 gets in the Tahoe, yeah, I'm pretty happy with the bird in the hand.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread: https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com...2023-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-1500-lm2/

If you read though it they talk about some improvements that they also included in the LM2:

Additionally, there was an issue with the previous engine, which had reports of a long crank and either a slow-start or no-start event. If you waited and then tried again, the truck would eventually start. It turns out this was a complex problem to track down, but eventually, it was concluded that the culprit was an exciter wheel with bent teeth from a supplier, which would trick the system into thinking it wasn’t operable. So GM fixed the supplier issue and changed the engine crank to allow the teeth to better engage in both the LM2 and LZ0 Duramax engines.

But as others have started, I'd be quite happy getting my 2023 order for the LM2 picked up. There are unknowns with every new engine. The biggest issue is whether GM can actually produce these engines in the quantities desired.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would really help is getting Diesel prices more in line with RUL. There still are advantages with the LM2 but at a 1.00+ more a gallon, it's definitely less exciting...

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
? I'm taking performance over sound all day long.

But at $5k higher sticker and probably more by the time the LZ0 gets in the Tahoe, yeah, I'm pretty happy with the bird in the hand.

Not disagreeing here, but knowing that there’s limited ways to go up in performance with the current LM2 due to lack of tunes, I’d like for it to at least sound better!

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
I suspect the LZ0 will have more emissions problems than the LM2 in the long run, really I see nothing about the engine that makes it a real upgrade worth having if you already own an LM2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission