No oil cooler lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would assume because some have oil coolers and some don't? Just was under mine because I have to replace the gasket for it but mine doesn't have an oil cooler so it has no lines.

OP
OP
Z71Tahoe2004

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
id think the ones with out it dont have the towing package.

It's the engine oil cooling lines I'm wondering about. I've got the towing package, which equips the truck with the auxiliary transmission oil cooler on the front of the radiator to deal with the extra load on the tranny during towing. But I don't have engine oil cooling lines. Trying to figure out why some cool the engine oil and others don't.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just looked at the 2002 and 2003 Suburban and Tahoe and Silverado brochures and none of them mention an external engine oil cooler for the 1500 chassis. Might it have been introduced later?

OP
OP
Z71Tahoe2004

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
May have been. Mine's a 2004. Also wondering whether some of the stuff I've been seeing in videos on maintenance might have been on 2500-type Silverados. I looked through the Haynes manual a few minutes ago and am not finding anything about oil cooler lines, so it may be that. The stuff I was seeing was my model year range - but I may have not noticed that the truck was a Silverado heavy, maybe?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was probably added as a factory option for some reason, either way pretty sure you can add it if you wanted to, just get a radiator with eoc (engine oil cooler), the adapter plate and the oil cooler lines

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts