No more Duramax???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy just posted on the Duramax forum, that TFL just put up an article that the Duramax is not an option for 2022 and they are ceasing production immediately due to supplier shortages. Haven’t seen this double verified yet, but if that’s true, that will make them much more rare and valuable…

Nexus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Production limitations- supply....
Order my Yukon Diesel Denali on Labor Day. The dealership has not been cut off completely from ordering diesels for Yukon's.

But I hope I don't die from old age before I receive it. I doubt it will show up before March 2022.

This is the first time I've ordered from this dealership and I'm a little paranoid they may have just told me this to get an order and will call me later to change it.

They did give me a good deal on my trade which was a 2020 Yukon XL only had 11 months with 3800 miles on it.

They gave me $2500 more than I paid for it 11 months earlier from another dealership. But the kicker is they gotta have it in October to sell for this price. I agreed to it only if they can get the diesel ordered.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I just put a backup order with a diesel in at a different dealer around the metro area. He said he hasn't seen any notifications about the yukons having them restricted.

That being said, he also mentioned "who knows what gm is actually going to do/say in the next couple weeks since production hasn't started. Right now they are saying 'the world is your oyster and take all the orders you can with whatever the customer wants' but we both know they can't get production going like that right now"

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the definition of a "backup order" ? Any dealers I talked to wanted a non refundable deposit to order unless the factory returned the order unfulfillable. That way neither party is wasting each others time just "Shopping around"....

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I've had an order "placed on the waiting list" for the first dealer since early August for a 22, and they had about 12 orders ahead of mine that were rollovers from 21s. They said once they get allocations and are able to actually submit the order, they will need the refundable deposit.

I told the dealership I went to today before we even started the process "just so we don't waste each other's time, I am not going to put a deposit down now, due to all the contrainsts. As soon as there is allocation and GM picks up order I will give you whatever deposit you want". He didn't know off hand how many orders the dealership as a whole had waiting to be submitted, but he said he personally did a couple.

I have one placed in the outskirts of the metro area, that has multiple dealerships and seem to have had higher volume 21s come in throughout the year. The other is in a more wealthy area, and I was kind of surprised when the sales manager said they do have a super high volume yet you see a bunch of 15-20s around town driven by the executives and soccer moms.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers in my area wouldn't even take my order last fall, deposit or no deposit. They said they had so many already booked that their allocation was sold out at least a year ahead. Taking an order just to take it, would just lead to resentment and 6+ months wasted that you could have been looking on actively available vehicles. He had enough C8 Corvettes sold that they wouldn't be fulfilled in 2 years.. I started stalking incoming inventory at the highest volume dealers in a tri state area and that's how I got lucky.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I am still going to keep my eyes open for my unicorn (diesel, 2nd row bench, air ride, walnut interior) before GM possibly may pick up either order for production.

Hopefully the dealers start getting some better insight as to what to actually expect for orders/inventory come October when production starts.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orders are still being accepted for the 3.0, currently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right