No chips yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Bought my Yukon exactly a year ago and they still owe me the parking sensors, sterring wheel lock and the seats option chips. Called the dealership and all they said is that I am on the wating list and should be receiving an email from GM when the parts/chips are available. Kinda frustrating when the new vehicles have the chips and I am still waiting.
Priority goes to people that still owe GM money. They have your money already, therefore you are last on the list, maybe not even on the list at all.

dancastro

Reaction score
Same here. Bought my Yukon exactly a year ago and they still owe me the parking sensors, sterring wheel lock and the seats option chips. Called the dealership and all they said is that I am on the wating list and should be receiving an email from GM when the parts/chips are available. Kinda frustrating when the new vehicles have the chips and I am still waiting.
FYI....I believe there is no retrofit for the steering wheel lock!
My seats are done, still waiting on park assist.

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been waiting since the last spring for my chips to arrive. My dealer says that GM has plenty of chips but that they are all being allocated for new vehicle production. GM doesn't want any new vehicle deliveries without all the chips in place. I was originally told that they would be in before the end of 2022, then it was by March of 2023, and now they say hopefully, sometime this year.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting since the last spring for my chips to arrive. My dealer says that GM has plenty of chips but that they are all being allocated for new vehicle production. GM doesn't want any new vehicle deliveries without all the chips in place. I was originally told that they would be in before the end of 2022, then it was by March of 2023, and now they say hopefully, sometime this year.
Threaten a class action lawsuit!

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be naive, but is this all that's missing for the heated steering wheel retrofit? I'd think it's part #13 and #8. That seems too easy though.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be naive, but is this all that's missing for the heated steering wheel retrofit? I'd think it's part #13 and #8. That seems too easy though.

Probably. Even the module for the parking sensors is available online. However that module requires programming to the rig it’s installed on and another forum member tried that and the system blocked him from doing so.

I wouldn’t think that the heated steering wheel module requires programming - for $15 it’s worth a try…

Bkihum

Reaction score
FYI....I believe there is no retrofit for the steering wheel lock!
My seats are done, still waiting on park assist.
so after looking at window sticker there is in fact no retro on the col lock.So sorry for the mistake,there’s is NO RETRO ON COL LOCKOUT

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you may be reading it wrong.
The retro is following & refers to the park assist
I'm assuming you meant to quote Bkihum? He said he looked at a window sticker and saw there is a retrofit on the column lock. I posted the window sticker to show in fact there is not a retrofit for steering column lock. Parking sensors on the other hand do include later retrofit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt