No backup lights SSV ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddawg

Reaction score
My SSV backup lights do not work. It seems that I have 12 V at light socket when in reverse with no bulb in the socket. The bulb is good.
Any thoughts on how I can get my backup lights to work?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My SSV backup lights do not work. It seems that I have 12 V at light socket when in reverse with no bulb in the socket. The bulb is good.
Any thoughts on how I can get my backup lights to work?

Thanks
check to be sure the reverse light harness is grounded, obviously if there is 12v with a meter then the harness is not grounded if the bulb does not light up or the bulb is burned out.

OP
OP
B

Baddawg

Reaction score
check to be sure the reverse light harness is grounded, obviously if there is 12v with a meter then the harness is not grounded if the bulb does not light up or the bulb is burned out.
Thanks, the bulb is good and in reverse there is 12 V across the socket. I guess I can explore the ground side of the circuit.
Thanks

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had weird reverse light behavior on my 2011 PPV. Sometimes normal operation, sometimes constant ON, and others nothing at all. It turned out to be the reverse relay, which is hardwired in the fuse box. I bought a new box interior panel which came fully populated with fuses and relays for $165. Problem solved.