NNBS Electrical Upgrade Write Up – BIG 3 and Audio (56k Warning)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The cluster is the normal green blue. The blue light you are seeing is the led from the rocker switch I installed.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just finished up the wiring part.
Dual Duralast Platinum AGM batteries have been installed.
GEDC1212.jpg
GEDC1205.jpg
GEDC1210.jpg
GEDC1211.jpg

mikey42_69

Reaction score
Thank You.
Did you run your second battery positive lead to the first battery or to the alternator?
Your write up is great. I'm going to take your pointers to run the power to the rear.
I also just added a second battery.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I ran the second battery positive and negative lead back to the first battery leads.
It is the best decision for the negative leads instead of grounding to the chassis.
I ran the second battery positive lead back to first battery so that it is fused with the same firewall fuse. Plus, I want the batteries to be giving equat power and under the same load. How they are wired will achieve that.
If I had ran the second battery directly to the alternator it would not be doing anything since they audio system leads go the first battery terminals.

zzpw3x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone under 35 know what the 56K warning in the title means?

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Does anyone under 35 know what the 56K warning in the title means?
:lol:
I did not know what it was either but I would always see it on thread titles and noticed that it is typically a thread with a lot of pics. So I ran it through a search engine and found out it means a thread with a lot of media in which a 56k internet connection or greater is needed.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey modded, can you tell me where you got those rocker switches from? My dad gets kinda pissed off when he has to listen to the little thumping on road trips haha so it would be good for me to get one so I can turn my amp off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey modded, can you tell me where you got those rocker switches from? My dad gets kinda pissed off when he has to listen to the little thumping on road trips haha so it would be good for me to get one so I can turn my amp off.

I got them from O'reilly Auto Parts. I think you should have one in Alabama. If not, Auto Zone has some.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't put a [/img] on the link were you wanted to show your engine cover.

OT: how much did this run you? I wanna do this so I can upgrade more in the future. I don't wanna copy I just wanted to get a estimate.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You didn't put a [/img] on the link were you wanted to show your engine cover.

OT: how much did this run you? I wanna do this so I can upgrade more in the future. I don't wanna copy I just wanted to get a estimate.

Thanks for pointing that put. I have fixed all the issues I could find.
The whole install has ran me $2100 for the wire, sub, amp, and all other needed items.
The wires and install accessories alone is about $500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu