Nice Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rented this 24 Tahoe Premier on a 4-day vacation. I will say, a very nice vehicle. Great ride and performance. There is just nothing like a big vehicle like this for hauling stuff and people. Still makes me a believer in this platform......
View attachment 428763
Looks like a Suburban -- not a Tahoe. But, yeah, very nice!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew I didn't want the headaches of parking an XL Yukon/Suburban, so I opted for the regular size Yukon...

Glad you had a great experience with your rental.

Antonm

Reaction score
That one even has the bigger 6.2 V8 in it. The exhaust tips are different for the 6.2 compared to the 5.3.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely sounded great and moved right a long, but the instant mileage meter was always around 12-14 MPG. I surely did enjoy it.... But was glad to get home to the Dmax. Filled it up today for the 1st time in 15 days and have been on the go every day. Like that part.....

Antonm

Reaction score
It definitely sounded great and moved right a long, but the instant mileage meter was always around 12-14 MPG. I surely did enjoy it.... But was glad to get home to the Dmax. Filled it up today for the 1st time in 15 days and have been on the go every day. Like that part.....

I'm actually more of a diesel guy myself (we have three diesel trucks in our little personal fleet). I wanted the baby Dmax but couldn't get over the whole belt driven oil pump at the back of the engine where you have to drop the transmission and transfer case to replace a freaking belt.

And really, who thought a belt that's constantly wet with engine oil was a good idea? If that oil pump had been chain driven, we'd most likely have a baby Dmax powered Tahoe instead of our 6.2 powered one.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually more of a diesel guy myself (we have three diesel trucks in our little personal fleet). I wanted the baby Dmax but couldn't get over the whole belt driven oil pump at the back of the engine where you have to drop the transmission and transfer case to replace a freaking belt.

And really, who thought a belt that's constantly wet with engine oil was a good idea? If that oil pump had been chain driven, we'd most likely have a baby Dmax powered Tahoe instead of our 6.2 powered one.
I knew about it; it was 100 percent complete nonissue for us. Has a longer life than I'll ever keep the vehicle. Benefits you get between zero and 150 to 200,000 miles are vastly more beneficial than worrying about a belt change that you may never do.

Antonm

Reaction score
You’re thinking that belt is good for 150k plus miles then???

No other oil wet belt in existence ever has been. Maybe they created a new material for it.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re thinking that belt is good for 150k plus miles then???

No other oil wet belt in existence ever has been. Maybe they created a new material for it.
The replacement interval is 200K, per GM. Actually it's an "inspection" interval, but nobody is going to get that far into it to then not replace it.

There is not one documented failure of the belt. There's videos on YT now of what ones look like with higher mileage. There's other things I'm concerned about on the LM2, the welt belt isn't one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed