NHT radiator fit in non-NHT Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Yukon XL without the tow package and am trying to determine if anyone has replaced their radiator in a non-NHT vehicle (no max tow package) with the upgraded radiator designed for the max tow or knows if it will bolt up and function with existing connections. The upgraded radiator is roughly 5" longer and wider and 1.5" thicker which the engine bay appears to accommodate. Photos are not great and I cannot confirm if connections are in the same locations. In speaking with my dealer's parts counter, they stated that only the non-nht shows as a fit and wasn't sure why the nht radiator wouldn't fit.

I have searched here and other GM truck sites and although mentioned, I haven't found any confirmation that it does or doesn't fit. Additionally, the owner's manual and other search results show the system fill as 17.8 qts for both the 5.3 and 6.2 with no additional designation for non-tow or tow package. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879