NGK TR6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for NGK TR6 on a 2008 escalade?

OP
OP
justinesky

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THank you! I did not know that. Iv recurched ngk plugs for our motors and everything i found is different from what i just read. I think 4177 is the part# for the TR6's but still not sure. I guess i already got NGK's...

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TR6s have been known to cause charging issues, causing no-charge trouble codes. There's a ton of internet info on them. Go with the TR6IX. I know about this as I had the problem myself, until I switched plugs.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every person i personanly know on a non boosted/nitrous LS runs TR6 plugs, with ZERO issues.
Hell my tuner buddie wont even touch your ride unles you put in a fresh set.

The only two reasons iridium and those type of plugs was made os because 95% of the population is too stupid to change their plugs or just to damn lazy to do it.

Second is the dealer ships got tired of wasting hundreds of thousands changing plugs under warrenty because normal plugs dont have a 1 million mile lifespan, combine that with first reason and iridium plugs were born.

I prefer to do a oil change and change my plugs at the same time for the cost of just the iridum plugs alone.

It takes me 10 mins or less to change them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts