Newbie AZ 2007 LS SSV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OpieOnly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a 2007 Tahoe. I was told at time of purchase it was a Border Patrol car out of San Diego.
I plan on using it for towing and fishing and hunting. While driving it now it feels like a boat in rough waters on turns. I am going to replace the brakes all around and while doing that I figured I would swap out struts and shocks since I will be in the general areas. I am having trouble locating shocks for towing and am playing with the idea of airbags in the coils. Has any one used them on their Tahoes? I was also told by a salesman that because it was a BP vehicle that the front end would need work, the salesman did not come out to look at my Tahoe or have a service guy check it out, instead tried selling me aftermarket components.

Any recommendations for shocks and struts for towing? My grandchildren will be riding in the vehicle when going camping. The trailer is an 18' Jayco Baja.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a 2007 Tahoe. I was told at time of purchase it was a Border Patrol car out of San Diego.
I plan on using it for towing and fishing and hunting. While driving it now it feels like a boat in rough waters on turns. I am going to replace the brakes all around and while doing that I figured I would swap out struts and shocks since I will be in the general areas. I am having trouble locating shocks for towing and am playing with the idea of airbags in the coils. Has any one used them on their Tahoes? I was also told by a salesman that because it was a BP vehicle that the front end would need work, the salesman did not come out to look at my Tahoe or have a service guy check it out, instead tried selling me aftermarket components.

Any recommendations for shocks and struts for towing? My grandchildren will be riding in the vehicle when going camping. The trailer is an 18' Jayco Baja.

Welcome you can check the RPO codes in the glove box or shot me the vin number.
Also would hit a local Chevy dealer with your vin number and ask for a printed quote for shocks and struts and see what came on your Tahoe to get the correct part number to cross reference correct aftermarket parts.
Another way to check is the part number stamped on them if they are factory see attached photo.

Attachments

• 71O-+SUTivL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71O-+SUTivL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
O

OpieOnly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome you can check the RPO codes in the glove box or shot me the vin number.
Also would hit a local Chevy dealer with your vin number and ask for a printed quote for shocks and struts and see what came on your Tahoe to get the correct part number to cross reference correct aftermarket parts.
Another way to check is the part number stamped on them if they are factory see attached photo.
Thank You Shackman7878, greatly appreciate the information. is there a way to privately give you my vin?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Everything you want to know about suspension options from the factory:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/gmt900-factory-suv-suspension-options.107059/#post-1609171

I‘m not of the opinion that any special suspension upgrades are needed for towing. The vehicles are quite capable as built. Your shocks and struts are just shot.

Monroe offers “quickstruts” IIRC that are sold preassembled with a new coil. I have the part number somewhere, I’ll look for it tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank You Shackman7878, greatly appreciate the information. is there a way to privately give you my vin?
If you post the last 8 digits of your VIN and ask for what parts you are interested in, hopefully @915_Tahoe will chime in with part numbers and may be able to save money at RA.