New vehicle update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new vehicle update for my 5 month old 23 suburban. Anyone know what it did?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the update did.

But…

Are you able to start the engine in the vehicle after the update?
Do your HVAC features still work and function normally?
When you put the vehicle into reverse does your back up camera come on and display the guide “lines” as normal and work as it should?

If can answer yes to all the questions above I’d say you’re in better shape than some of the other 2021+ owners.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new vehicle update for my 5 month old 23 suburban. Anyone know what it did?
You can Tap on the "Vehicle Status" box on your MyChevrolet app, scroll to the bottom, tap "Vehicle Updates", tap "View Install History," Tap the update that was installed, and it will tell you the content.

The latest one I got was N23-24111560 and it says "Refinements: Updates made to the overall vehicle software update process"

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is this update (N23-2411560) safe? I heard some issues with a "fan speed problem"? I get prompted every time I shut off the engine but I have been holding off.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
So is this update (N23-2411560) safe? I heard some issues with a "fan speed problem"? I get prompted every time I shut off the engine but I have been holding off.
If your vehicle is running fine without issue, I'd say hold off. Everything listed by CMoore711 are valid issues. The fan speed is the annoying one for me at the moment.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many updates have you installed up to this point? What was your last update installed? The fan issue came up in one of the previous updates. The most recent one (N23-2411560) did not cause or correct the fan issue. Based on the release notes they said that update was to improve the overall OTA process. All I can say is they definitely need to as there have been way too many people needing to have their rigs towed to the dealer because the OTA updated bricked the vehicle. A coworker of mine has a 22.5 Sierra w/ LM2 and he just had an OTA update that caused a parasitic draw on his truck. It could restart after a drive and then sitting for about an hour, but if it sat overnight the battery was dead in the morning. Dealer gave him a new battery and "reset" the system...

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your vehicle is running fine without issue, I'd say hold off. Everything listed by CMoore711 are valid issues. The fan speed is the annoying one for me at the moment.

O.K. good to know, thanks.

How many updates have you installed up to this point? What was your last update installed? The fan issue came up in one of the previous updates. The most recent one (N23-2411560) did not cause or correct the fan issue. Based on the release notes they said that update was to improve the overall OTA process. All I can say is they definitely need to as there have been way too many people needing to have their rigs towed to the dealer because the OTA updated bricked the vehicle. A coworker of mine has a 22.5 Sierra w/ LM2 and he just had an OTA update that caused a parasitic draw on his truck. It could restart after a drive and then sitting for about an hour, but if it sat overnight the battery was dead in the morning. Dealer gave him a new battery and "reset" the system...

This is the first update I've been prompted for. Honestly I didn't know that updates were also listed in the MyGMC app....maybe more updates were available in the past but I wasn't really checking for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz