New to the group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim 29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate being a part of the group! I’ve been a Tahoe or Yukon owner since 2004 and have always loved them. I currently own (for the second time) a black 2000 Tahoe. I originally bought it back in 2007 with 50,000 miles and drove it until 2017 adding 100,000 miles to the odometer. I gave it to someone who needed a vehicle and in late 2019 they were able to purchase a different vehicle so they were kind enough to give mine back. I am looking to repaint it over the winter as it is shot with only one very small rust spot over the rear driver quarter. Interior has all been redone this summer and for being twenty years old is in very nice shape. It now has a bit over 200k and a brand new transmission but still running strong. I only drive it once in a while but have always enjoyed it.
Thanks for adding me as I could really use some tips and advice with maintaining this.
Looking forward to talking to you all!
Jim

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jim!

Check out the 2000-2005 section for any questions you have about your Tahoe. Thank you.

Appreciate being a part of the group! I’ve been a Tahoe or Yukon owner since 2004 and have always loved them. I currently own (for the second time) a black 2000 Tahoe. I originally bought it back in 2007 with 50,000 miles and drove it until 2017 adding 100,000 miles to the odometer. I gave it to someone who needed a vehicle and in late 2019 they were able to purchase a different vehicle so they were kind enough to give mine back. I am looking to repaint it over the winter as it is shot with only one very small rust spot over the rear driver quarter. Interior has all been redone this summer and for being twenty years old is in very nice shape. It now has a bit over 200k and a brand new transmission but still running strong. I only drive it once in a while but have always enjoyed it.
Thanks for adding me as I could really use some tips and advice with maintaining this.
Looking forward to talking to you all!
Jim

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Welcome! I like ChrisFix YouTube channel to find ideas and inspiration to fix up or clean my vehicles.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope to see you post more here over the next calendar year, and become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

OP
OP
J

Jim 29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from NY.
That’s a very nice gesture, loaning out your vehicle, I’m glad you got her back.
Put up a few pics.... we like pics.... reading, not so much. ;)
Pics will be coming after the new paint. A little embarrassed by the look of it today.