New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number and price? Did you do the install yourself? I was looking at pioneer systems, but there are so many different models.
GMSERIES 3, they are a bit expensive around $600 but they are a direct replacement and will include navigation as well. They are mostly easy to install, I've done it myself in multiple vehicles (I work for a Chevy dealership in the fleet department doing sales and the equipment upfitting) from police to fire and they have all loved them.

OP
OP
dock420

dock420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GMSERIES 3, they are a bit expensive around $600 but they are a direct replacement and will include navigation as well. They are mostly easy to install, I've done it myself in multiple vehicles (I work for a Chevy dealership in the fleet department doing sales and the equipment upfitting) from police to fire and they have all loved them.

Will I need any other adapters? I got a quote the other day from two install places. For just a fairly basic double din receiver, which is only about $325, and with all of the adapters and modules, it came out to a final price of just north of a grand.

Appreciate all of your help.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will I need any other adapters? I got a quote the other day from two install places. For just a fairly basic double din receiver, which is only about $325, and with all of the adapters and modules, it came out to a final price of just north of a grand.

Appreciate all of your help.
Everything is included and its a direct fit replacement so no need for dash kits or anything.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, just like mine! I’ll be adding some 22/24 wheels in the spring. I suggest you add a LT steering wheel. Makes you truely feel like you’re not in a ppv anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice!! Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC!!

OP
OP
dock420

dock420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good, just like mine! I’ll be adding some 22/24 wheels in the spring. I suggest you add a LT steering wheel. Makes you truely feel like you’re not in a ppv anymore.

"roosh725"
Thanks for that idea. I watched a few videos and it does not look all that difficult. Once we are finished with biker rally here on the island, I'll now have two projects. One, new tunes and two new steering wheel. I was also kicking around finding a carpet kit for the passenger seating area. May help with sound deadening. Has anyone done this? If so, how difficult, and a ball park price.

Thanks

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested to see how the sound upgrade you will complete comes out.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
VERY nice Tahoe!! So you bought it brand new, as in not officially in service and just bought as old stock? What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry guys I'm still new and need to troll more before posting but I'm very excited about getting into my 09 SSV. I just put on the Go Rhino Pushbar and got the truck to pretty much where I want it for now. Need PPV Black Steelies, new heads and taillights and a LED light bar to mount on the GO Rhino bar, maybe a winch :D

OP
OP
dock420

dock420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VERY nice Tahoe!! So you bought it brand new, as in not officially in service and just bought as old stock? What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry guys I'm still new and need to troll more before posting but I'm very excited about getting into my 09 SSV. I just put on the Go Rhino Pushbar and got the truck to pretty much where I want it for now. Need PPV Black Steelies, new heads and taillights and a LED light bar to mount on the GO Rhino bar, maybe a winch :D

Yep, it was purchased brand new. It’s a 2016 with 12 miles. It was right at $33,400 and then roll in tt&l. They have/had quite a few.

Sounds like you’re doing a some pretty nice upgrades

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Got tail lights on Craig's for 40 with harnesses and bulbs (score) just gonna watch for the same with a set of headlights....need to figure out the best LED light bar sitch for this Rhino bar, def want some extra lighting. I just got the DIC button dash installed, have the leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls to go on prob tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9