New to the forum and new to Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonkeyFresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

Throwing out a first post to introduce myself and brag a bit about my Tahoe. I've always had Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban envy but never envisioned purchasing one. Almost a year ago my father-in-law passed away leaving my mother-in-law, who was hyper worried about her financial situation to the point she wanted to sell off his two work trucks (he was a self employed industrial electrician) and his daily driver, a 2009 Tahoe LS with 70k miles. Long story short, my dear wife didn't want to see the vehicle that her father was so proud of be sold to a stranger and that's when I suggested we purchase it from her mom. We took possession of it last Christmas (2017) while visiting for the holidays.

My wife's daily driver is a Toyota Corolla which caused her to be worried about the size difference between the two. So, she suggested that I drive it on the trip from her mother's house in Ohio to our place in Atlanta. Well, her watching me drive it from Columbus to Cincinnati, I guess peeked her desire to give it a try. One rest stop later, I was stuck in the Toyota for the remainder of the trip. And she graduated from "it looks so big and hard to drive" to "it intimidates slow drivers out of my way".

There were a few things that needed to be done to it, like new airbag sensors to get rid of the "Check Airbag" warning, a tune up, and so on. Other than that, I've been amazed at the quality and dependability it has shown. Being an LS, it's not a feature rich ride. Although I am finding that a ton of OEM stuff can be added with relative ease. There's a list of projects, completed and upcoming, in my profile. If any one has any suggestions, questions, or comments, I'm all for it.

I look forward to visiting with everyone.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Ragen!! Sorry to hear about your father-in-law but glad you got his well maintained low mileage 2009 Tahoe.

OP
OP
MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gary,

Thank you for the kind words and the welcome. The company I work for has a few projects going on down in your neck of the woods. Not fond of the heat but, I sure do enjoy the Cuban food when I get down your way. :)

r