New to the forum. 01 Tahoe (work truck) 03 Tahoe (play truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
03 Tahoe indigo blue metallic
5.3L flex fuel
-TBSS intake manifold
-Cloyes double roller timing chain
-High psi oil pump
-No cats magnaflow muffler
-Stage 2 4L65E (currently getting rebuilt)
-Dual batteries
-05 Silverado electric fans with factory wiring and relay box
Waiting to install
-706 heads
-4 bolt TB
-lowered suspension kit
-E85 tune
F5138A00-78CB-4AA1-85C9-C7A5F40D4FBF.jpeg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.3L flex fuel
-TBSS intake manifold
-High psi oil pump
-Stage 2 4L60E (currently getting rebuilt)
-Dual batteries

Waiting to install
-706 heads
-4 bolt TB
-lowered suspension kit
-E85 tune
View attachment 347809
welcome from Oregon! Who's building your 4l60e?

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A guy in PA, I’m from Philly so he’s local. It’s actually a (come-back) only had the trans a short time just past break in and it neutrals out in 3rd. So I just got it out and replaced it with a 99 4l60e 298mm for the time being.

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A guy in PA, I’m from Philly so he’s local. It’s actually a (come-back) only had the trans a short time just past break in and it neutrals out in 3rd. So I just got it out and replaced it with a 99 4l60e 298mm for the time
the stage 2 is a 65E, I’m so use to saying 60E lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. 65E is the same as a 60E except for some hard parts, and if it's a built 60E its better than a 65 anyway. I have a level 3 60E from Performabuilt that's rated for 800 HP. They build a Black edition rated for 1000HP that's never been broken by anyone yet. I'm running a blower, cam, headers etc on m y 02 6.0 Denali but it's never been dyno'd so I'm not sure what I'm throwing at it. Being AWD doesn't help. I did break the output shaft on a WOT 1-2 shift but that was after I did a fluid and filter change and used RTV on the pan gasket. I didn't know it but it plugged the servo passages on the pan rail and they weren't releasing. I wondered why the 1-2 shifts were slamming. They rebuilt it under warranty even though it was a year past so all it cost me was shipping and my labor and time. That output shaft was twisted in two lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
5.3L flex fuel
-TBSS intake manifold
-High psi oil pump
-Stage 2 4L65E (currently getting rebuilt)
-Dual batteries

Waiting to install
-706 heads
-4 bolt TB
-lowered suspension kit
-E85 tune
View attachment 347809
Welcome from right across the bridge. I like the color. Any interior shots? What's the mileage?

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Meh. 65E is the same as a 60E except for some hard parts, and if it's a built 60E its better than a 65 anyway. I have a level 3 60E from Performabuilt that's rated for 800 HP. They build a Black edition rated for 1000HP that's never been broken by anyone yet. I'm running a blower, cam, headers etc on m y 02 6.0 Denali but it's never been dyno'd so I'm not sure what I'm throwing at it. Being AWD doesn't help. I did break the output shaft on a WOT 1-2 shift but that was after I did a fluid and filter change and used RTV on the pan gasket. I didn't know it but it plugged the servo passages on the pan rail and they weren't releasing. I wondered why the 1-2 shifts were slamming. They rebuilt it under warranty even though it was a year past so all it cost me was shipping and my labor and time. That output shaft was twisted in two lol.

Yeah that’s what kinda put me off about his “build” he said stage 2 but all he really did was install harden parts and a vette servo.
But it’s under warranty so back it goes!

OP
OP
Midnight mechanic

Midnight mechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from right across the bridge. I like the color. Any interior shots? What's the mileage?
I’ll take some interior shots today, here’s the mileage. I’m pissy about my interior now lol. I had it set the way I wanted but **** happenes. As I’m sure most on here know 03 is when GM made it possible for a DD radio install, however I wanted to do something different and got a deal on the pioneer SD flat screen flip out head unit. I installed it in the lower pocket of my console and person whom I don’t speak with anymore decided it was smart to put a floor jack in my passenger seat. Well hard turn jack sliding around no more pioneer head unit CB12702F-1563-4B01-989F-66D8F32A3792.jpegF52B2C8A-B3F6-45EC-A3F4-7E225C1A2264.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ll take some interior shots today, here’s the mileage. I’m pissy about my interior now lol. I had it set the way I wanted but **** happenes. As I’m sure most on here know 03 is when GM made it possible for a DD radio install, however I wanted to do something different and got a deal on the pioneer SD flat screen flip out head unit. I installed it in the lower pocket of my console and person whom I don’t speak with anymore decided it was smart to put a floor jack in my passenger seat. Well hard turn jack sliding around no more pioneer head unit View attachment 347825View attachment 347826
Mine is also an 03, got it back in 2012. Bought it from a Real Estate company who used it to chauffeur clients around. It was in great shape, completely stock. Miles were a little high--212k--but it was well maintained. One of my 1st mods was to install a flip out radio. It was ok, but in the stock location it would hit the shifter. To get around that I'd just shift into low then open the radio. Did you like the location they installed in? I'd think it would be hard to see the screen while driving. I don't understand what I'm looking at in the lower pic. Is that a wire or rca cable stretched across? Looks broken too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645