New to me 2015 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsturgis514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had purchased a 2004 Escalade and I loved it - except Mr. Rust had taken its toll on the vehicle. I knew i I wanted something similar for comfort and towing our small camper. After doing a very wide search I found this wonderful 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 40k on the clock - I've had it for two months and love it!05.jpg 06.jpg 09.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Terry!

Nice Tahoe and color. Nice find as the 2015-2020 Tahoe's are hard to find in some locations. Especially super nice ones like yours.

OP
OP
tsturgis514

tsturgis514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Gary! I had purchased a 2019 Colorado new - I loved it at first but I fell out of love with it over time, and it wasn't the best for towing out little travel trailer. So I searched a 200 mile radius and built a spreadsheet of 50+ vehicles - and this one would always come up high on the list. It was owned by the same person (and serviced at the same dealer) its entire life. I have a spinal cord injury that requires me to have hand controls to drive so I needed to rely on whatever facts I could find on the vehicle (no test driving!) before making a decision. My wife wasn't totally sold on the idea of selling the Colorado with 6k, but she said "it's your truck". After the two-hour drive to the dealer in the Colorado to get it - and then the two-hour drive back home in the Tahoe - she agreed it was a very good move. We love this ride!!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gary! I had purchased a 2019 Colorado new - I loved it at first but I fell out of love with it over time, and it wasn't the best for towing out little travel trailer. So I searched a 200 mile radius and built a spreadsheet of 50+ vehicles - and this one would always come up high on the list. It was owned by the same person (and serviced at the same dealer) its entire life. I have a spinal cord injury that requires me to have hand controls to drive so I needed to rely on whatever facts I could find on the vehicle (no test driving!) before making a decision. My wife wasn't totally sold on the idea of selling the Colorado with 6k, but she said "it's your truck". After the two-hour drive to the dealer in the Colorado to get it - and then the two-hour drive back home in the Tahoe - she agreed it was a very good move. We love this ride!!!

I am extremely happy it all worked out for you Terry!! Glad you joined this forum!

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I like the color. Looks very clean. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tsturgis514

tsturgis514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. Looks great, what color is that? It's hard to tell if it's brown-ish or purple-ish.
Hi all - many thanks to all of you that welcomed me!! And VDV18, you nailed the color - it's BOTH purple and brown! The GM paint code is G7U, which comes up as "Plum Berry Metallic". Most of the time it looks brown, but in the right light it looks purple-ish!
And I wanted to share an unusual mod I had to make on the vehicle. I have a spinal cord injury (cauda equina) that damaged the nerves to my lower legs, feet and abdomen. I can now walk OK unassisted but still can't really feel my feet. (That's kinda important if you want to choose the gas or brake!) I am required to have adaptive driving controls and those controls were installed shortly after I purchased the Tahoe. I've attached a few pictures of the install. The handle on the left side of the steering wheel is called a "rock-push" - you push forward to hit the brake and rock it back to apply the gas. The knob allows you to steer with one hand while the other hand is busy with the gas and brake. The controls to tilt and move the wheel and column had to be disabled for the controls, but the installer set it up that if I ever decided to sell the Tahoe (fat chance!!) those controls could be easily reactivated.
Thanks again - please take care and enjoy the day!!

hc1.jpg hc2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo