New tires needed, open to options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha-ha, it is so tempting. But in my opinion I would be under geared for 37s.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
throw some 37's on the Hoe! tie for some 4.88's atleast :)

i vote Procomps. :)

BluHoe96

Reaction score
Have about 20k miles on a set of Yokohama Geolander AT-S. Has a nice aggressive tread pattern for a tire that has very minimal noise on the pavement. These things barely sing at 75-80 on the highway. Cannot compare the ride to another tire because before these 285's I was running the stocker 245's. Wet traction is decent, but can still break the rears in the wet at full throttle and thats with 3.42's. Used them a couple times on the beach and had no problems with traction without even airing down (40 psi.) For a low priced tire I think the performance is more than adequate. You can get better, but you gotta pay...

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read a ton of great reviews for the Falken Wild Peak AT's, I think I'm going to go that route in the same 35x12.50r17 size you run.

There are a few sets of 315/70/17 on ebay for $980 shipped. Not bad, 60K warranty also. I'd love an MT but this thing is 95% street

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few sets of 315/70/17 on ebay for $980 shipped. Not bad, 60K warranty also. I'd love an MT but this thing is 95% street

Yeah, that is where I was at with mine. Literally almost all street and I need to tow with it (not to mention my local weather and terrain - even offroad these AT's would probably be better than most MT's given it's all dunes here). I think you're in a good position though, you can get AT's for the Burb and keep the meaty MT's on your Tahoe. Best of both worlds. I haven't been able to find a single negative comment about the Wild Peak's though, everyone seems to be very happy with them.

Reaction score
i just got the falken wild peaks in a 265/70/18 its measures out to like 32.5 i think...i love them so far...put about 1200 miles on em so far street hgwy and beach driving and they still have some remnents of the lil spikes that come on em originally...nice and quiet and smooth on hgwy and great on the beach.air em down to about 15psi and they do great..i love them so far.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the falken rocky mountains. (Same things as the wild peaks.) I like mine. Im not getting very good wear with mine for some reason. The outsides are pretty soft. They do great in the mud though and rain there good. I rotate them every 5000 and arent wearing very good. Im gunna switch to the goodyear duratracs when i need new ones. But goodluck with your purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n