New Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liftedtahoejunkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Purchased my first Tahoe on Friday and I am really excited about it. It's a 2010 LTZ with 135k on it. Started researching some things and found myself here and have already found some good info. My clock on the Bose head unit only displayed : no numbers and I couldnt figure it out. A thread here walked me through the fix and its all set now. I also already added the Range Tech fuel management disabler. The response from the truck is so much better, glad I learned about that.
Over all the truck is in good shape needing a few minor things. I already bought the replacement button stickers for $5 on Amazon, that made the dash look so much better. I also ordered the new dash cover so I can hide the cracked dash, and upgraded halogen headlights to give it a more modern look. I am coning from a 2017 Jeep grand cherokee and this is a much nicer vehicle. I mean yes its older so it has more wear and tear so to speak BUT it has way more features and drives nicer than the brand new Jeep. Just crazy! Did I mention I only paid $7,300 for this and my Jeep was $40,000 Lmao So glad I am getting rid of that.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Im super pumped about the deal, I was having trouble finding one with under 150k miles for under 15k with the options I wanted. I feel like this guy was just ready to get rid of his gas guzzler as he was driving 100+ miles a day. I also have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 so its basically the same thing lol. Im From RI so it will get plenty of 4wd usage! Ill update with some pics once the snow subsides hahaha
Welcome, and yea great deal there. I have an ltz 2008. I have spent 10,000 in repairs and upgrades. New drive shafts, 4x4 shift.motor, collapsed lifters, range afm dsblr, hubs, tie rods, ball joints, etc and etc. Its a big old money pit but i love it.

20191020_095911.jpg

KWyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride!! Here would be my recommendations for you:
1. Do a full clean on the throttle body with carb cleaner.
2. Swap out all interior and exterior light bulbs with LED replacements.
3. Enjoy

KOTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Purchased my first Tahoe on Friday and I am really excited about it. It's a 2010 LTZ with 135k on it. Started researching some things and found myself here and have already found some good info. My clock on the Bose head unit only displayed : no numbers and I couldnt figure it out. A thread here walked me through the fix and its all set now. I also already added the Range Tech fuel management disabler. The response from the truck is so much better, glad I learned about that.
Over all the truck is in good shape needing a few minor things. I already bought the replacement button stickers for $5 on Amazon, that made the dash look so much better. I also ordered the new dash cover so I can hide the cracked dash, and upgraded halogen headlights to give it a more modern look. I am coning from a 2017 Jeep grand cherokee and this is a much nicer vehicle. I mean yes its older so it has more wear and tear so to speak BUT it has way more features and drives nicer than the brand new Jeep. Just crazy! Did I mention I only paid $7,300 for this and my Jeep was $40,000 Lmao So glad I am getting rid of that.
Welcome to the form I'm from Michigan and it sound like you got a great deal on your new Tahoe I have an 07 Tahoe and I love it is an excellent condition black on black and all you need to do is keep up with the maintenance and the truck will take care of you so again welcome

KOTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride!! Here would be my recommendations for you:
1. Do a full clean on the throttle body with carb cleaner.
2. Swap out all interior and exterior light bulbs with LED replacements.
3. Enjoy
That sounds like a great idea about the LED replacements weird would you get those from