New Tahoe 2022 RST Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Genzeka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New 2022 Tahoe RST owner. Is there anything I should get for the vehicle or anything I should look out for?

NaliWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New 2022 Tahoe RST owner. Is there anything I should get for the vehicle or anything I should look out for?
Congrats on the purchase! If you haven’t confirmed this install, contact your dealership about a software update related to GM Bulletin #PIT5873b; this will resolve a problem with the remote start on 2022 Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, and Escalades.

When using the remote start, a software glitch will cause the engine to shut off when you step on brake and press start button (required to engage full vehicle functionality after remote starting).

Instrumentation will come on, but engine will not start once this is experienced. GM suggests waiting 20 mins for the vehicle software to reset itself, which should allow you to start the vehicle normally; however remote starting can cause the glitch to occur again.

I had this happen to my 2022 Yukon Denali. Freaked me out since I had to have it taken by flatbed to dealership (didn’t know about the 20 min reset at the time).

Software upgrade and system reset takes 20-30 mins at dealership, then you’re back up and running. Just a complete hassle when it happens unexpectedly. OnStar cannot diagnose this remotely, because they say the engine needs needs to be running to diagnose (go figure).

There’s a thread on this forum with several accounts of this happening to owners (including me). Will locate and post here as well.

Enjoy the Tahoe and God Bless!

Attachments

• PIT5373b.pdf
    324.6 KB · Views: 6

NaliWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! If you haven’t confirmed this install, contact your dealership about a software update related to GM Bulletin #PIT5873b; this will resolve a problem with the remote start on 2022 Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, and Escalades.

When using the remote start, a software glitch will cause the engine to shut off when you step on brake and press start button (required to engage full vehicle functionality after remote starting).

Instrumentation will come on, but engine will not start once this is experienced. GM suggests waiting 20 mins for the vehicle software to reset itself, which should allow you to start the vehicle normally; however remote starting can cause the glitch to occur again.

I had this happen to my 2022 Yukon Denali. Freaked me out since I had to have it taken by flatbed to dealership (didn’t know about the 20 min reset at the time).

Software upgrade and system reset takes 20-30 mins at dealership, then you’re back up and running. Just a complete hassle when it happens unexpectedly. OnStar cannot diagnose this remotely, because they say the engine needs needs to be running to diagnose (go figure).

There’s a thread on this forum with several accounts of this happening to owners (including me). Will locate and post here as well.

Enjoy the Tahoe and God Bless!
Link to Remote start issue discussion:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne