New soon-to-be Yukon owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking for a used, white Yukon, 2007+ with under 40K miles, around $25K-$26K, out the door. The only deal breaker being the front bench seat, I hate that. I'd take a Tahoe, with the right miles, color and options, but overall I prefer the front end on the Yukon.

I currently have a Trailblazer...it hasn't even rolled over 100K and it's riddled with issues. The speakers are all going out, check engine light is on, thermostat is stuck, the fan clutch may be going out (unidentified HORRIBLE noise from the engine), it has trouble shifting, the RPM's run to high on occasion, alarm intermittently works at odd angles and the CD player quit working. My husband refuses to work on it anymore, so it's time to upgrade and replace. I absolutely hate driving it at this point, every time I get in it it kills me. I know that majority of the issues are easy and small, but I'd rather be paying for and driving something I love, than pumping money into a uphill battle.

I've learned a lot from scouring threads and by all means the Yukon/Tahoe seems like a much better buy. Beside the fact that it's bigger with more power, I'll actually be getting the same gas millage, if not better. I just don't need the room, I don't have multiple kids or boats to haul (we have an '11 Silverado for that). But I want it and if I want it, I get it.

It's been tough getting hubby to co-sign on my dream truck, he thinks I need a lifted Chevy, with a big engine and loud pipes. Not my thing. I've wanted one for almost 15 years. I've worked my way up the chain, starting with a '99 Jimmy when I was 18, then a Trailblazer at 23 and now a Yukon. If all goes as planned, I'll have an Esky (if they're still in production) by 35.

That's me, nice to meet you. :)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

Sounds like you are in need of a new vehicle and know exactly what you want. Good luck!

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck!!
My Gf has been a Denali fan forever she swears I'm buying her one in a few years... Maybe for me though Haha

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm generally pretty thorough when I want something. I don't understand how people walk into a dealership and just buy whatever is suggested.

I can't wait to post a pic when I get it.

I think my first mod will be putting my subs in...other than that, I probably won't do too much to it.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Welcome and good luck!!
My Gf has been a Denali fan forever she swears I'm buying her one in a few years... Maybe for me though Haha

I LOVE the Denali, but with what I'm looking for in mileage and price, it does not love me. Diamond White is soooo pretty.

I've pretty much got my truck picked out, I check on it every few days to make sure she's still there, as of 5 minutes ago, she is.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I LOVE the Denali, but with what I'm looking for in mileage and price, it does not love me. Diamond White is soooo pretty.

I've pretty much got my truck picked out, I check on it every few days to make sure she's still there, as of 5 minutes ago, she is.

Sounds like you're stalking her already, lol. Hope she's still waiting for you when you get there. Welcome!

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on trade in values? I'll be trading a '03 LS Trailblazer, with 98K. Garage kept, maintenance done at home, good condition body (3 tiny, superficial dings), tires have less than 20K, interior is good, the only problem is the fan clutch and possibly MAF sensor or O2 sensor, which I'm more inclined to believe is the problem, those [O2 sensor] seem to go out all the time.

I've talked to a few people in the dealership business and wholesale for my truck is average $3500-$5000. Hubby is convinced I won't get anything for it.

Should I fix these issues or just leave it as is? I really don't want to fix them, it seems like a waste, but if it nets me another grand or two.... I just did the (hopefully) final oil change on her, which is probably the last bit of Mobil1 she'll ever see.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF! I think you will like the nnbs Yukon/Tahoe. It's a great upgrade from a Trailblazer. I was actually set on getting my GF a Yukon Denali but when buying used the Escalade isn't far off in price so she convinced me to get that instead. If you are looking for lower miles/more options, you'll probably be able to find better deals on Tahoe's versus Yukon's as GMC likes to tax you a little more. BTW where in the South are you from? I just moved from Louisiana!

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF! I think you will like the nnbs Yukon/Tahoe. It's a great upgrade from a Trailblazer. I was actually set on getting my GF a Yukon Denali but when buying used the Escalade isn't far off in price so she convinced me to get that instead. If you are looking for lower miles/more options, you'll probably be able to find better deals on Tahoe's versus Yukon's as GMC likes to tax you a little more. BTW where in the South are you from? I just moved from Louisiana!

Just to the north of Texas, but I'm from the west coast originally.

Pretty much any full size SUV is a step up from the TB. It was a good truck, but lordy, just scan through the Trialvoy forums for insight on how problematic they are. It's ridiculous. It's probably still a good truck, but I'm tired of it.

I've kept my search open to Tahoes, too. As of right now there are 2 Yukons that fit my criteria. If either sell before the first of February, I'm going to pity anyone in my immediate surroundings. If I wasn't picky about color, I'd be good, but there are a ton of blues and reds, which I'm not fond of. I like white, easier to keep clean, cooler in the summer. It stays hot here about 6 months out of the year. I briefly considered a black Yukon a few months back, but decided I'd wait until I could afford something with cooled seats. There is no freakin' way I'm dealing with 109+ temps in the summer, on black on black. No way.

I'm thinking I want exhaust, but nothing too loud. Maybe just a softer growl. Hubby has loud pipes on his Silvy, I feel sorry for our neighbors, especially when he has to leave for work at 4 am.

I also want to hook up one, possibly two 10"s. However, I don't want to lose cargo, so I was thinking about some kind of custom hidden box. I haven't really researched it too much, but I know it can be done.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on the color red and blue doesn't do it for me. I keep it simple and like either white or black. I have a black on black now and would've reconsidered if I didn't get the AC seats. For the Esky that started in 07 whereas the Tahoe/Yukon didn't get it until 09+.

For a stealth sub you can always get a custom 10" sub enclosure built for in between the 2nd row captains chairs. I did it in my Tahoe and it looked/sounded great

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that I'm so damn picky, there is one Yukon for my criteria and it's just sitting at the dealership. Stalking it to make sure it's still there an will hopefully be available by the 31st is giving me all kinds of anxiety. If only I didn't care about model and color, I'd be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SNDHOE