New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylevd23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, didn't know if this was the right forum, but just wanted to introduce myself, from DFW, and this is my first GM product ever. I grew up driving toyotas and have had nissans since. I just recently traded in an Armada, and purchased an 08 Yukon Denali XL. We needed the extra room of the XL for our kids and strollers, seats, etc. Overall the vehicle was in excellent condition aesthetically, did find a few things like the power running board motor was making a weird noise, and possibly fan belt or tensioner noise. Yesterday did end up having it towed to the dealer, the radio started to reset itself, and door locks would cycle, and no acceleration, so they are going to look into this for me.

I do apologize, as this is the first time I have bought a vehicle, joined the forum, and started off my first post with issues haha. But none the less, both my wife and I love the vehicle, even for only owning it for less than a week :)

I guess the 6.2 L makes up for all the flaws haha.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard... glad your liking your new truck even with the few problems that's came up. I'm sure once you work through the little gremlins it will be fine. There is a wealth of info and very knowledgeable people on here. Ask away if you need anything....

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, didn't know if this was the right forum, but just wanted to introduce myself, from DFW, and this is my first GM product ever. I grew up driving toyotas and have had nissans since. I just recently traded in an Armada, and purchased an 08 Yukon Denali XL. We needed the extra room of the XL for our kids and strollers, seats, etc. Overall the vehicle was in excellent condition aesthetically, did find a few things like the power running board motor was making a weird noise, and possibly fan belt or tensioner noise. Yesterday did end up having it towed to the dealer, the radio started to reset itself, and door locks would cycle, and no acceleration, so they are going to look into this for me.

I do apologize, as this is the first time I have bought a vehicle, joined the forum, and started off my first post with issues haha. But none the less, both my wife and I love the vehicle, even for only owning it for less than a week :)

I guess the 6.2 L makes up for all the flaws haha.

kylevd23,

Welcome to the forum and to GM! I apologize that your recent Yukon acquisition was met with having to get it towed to the dealer for various concerns. Please keep us posted on how your dealer visit turns out. We're here if you have any additional questions. Send over a message anytime!

Kind regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the family.

Buying a used car isn't without the problems, IMO, most people don't sell a perfectly running vehicle. Don't put that on the truck, or the manufacturer.

OP
OP
K

kylevd23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard... glad your liking your new truck even with the few problems that's came up. I'm sure once you work through the little gremlins it will be fine. There is a wealth of info and very knowledgeable people on here. Ask away if you need anything....

kylevd23,

Welcome to the forum and to GM! I apologize that your recent Yukon acquisition was met with having to get it towed to the dealer for various concerns. Please keep us posted on how your dealer visit turns out. We're here if you have any additional questions. Send over a message anytime!

Kind regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

Welcome to the family.

Buying a used car isn't without the problems, IMO, most people don't sell a perfectly running vehicle. Don't put that on the truck, or the manufacturer.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, I most certainly will post up updates, and even after research, I have a pretty good idea on what it is. So far the dealership has been more than welcoming and helpful with the whole ordeal. I have received daily updates, and regardless of the issue, I am still happy with my purchase, just a little anxiety as we have not got to drive it yet since we bought it. They did give us a complementary rental, though its a buick, still nice. And I would definitely not put it on the truck or manufacturer as you are correct, all used and new vehicles will have its kinks and things to work out, just like us, we all have our quirks, which makes it all the better. But I do hope to get it back soon so that we can start enjoying it. Thank you for all of the support, I'll touch back when we the dealer lets us know.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
My bet is on the battery cables. Probably in the $700 range.

OP
OP
K

kylevd23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bet is on the battery cables. Probably in the $700 range.

So it was the battery cable that was causing the issues, they said it was loose, so they cleaned up the terminals, and tightened the connections. They found a bad motor mount as well, so that was replaced. The only thing they were not authorized to replace was the power running board motor, which I was okay with, everything else seems to be great.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
So it was the battery cable that was causing the issues, they said it was loose, so they cleaned up the terminals, and tightened the connections.

That's good, at least it was something simple.

A lot of times the actual cables can develop internal high resistance and need to be replaced. There are three separate cables that are usually replaced and run throughout the engine bay. It can cause the issues you were having and also keep it from starting.

If your issues come back, try just touching the cables terminals with just your finger, if the issue stops immediately you'll know that's it (as crazy as it sounds.)