New owner of an '08 Yukon Denali w/ audio questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lupyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to the Yukon and new to the forums. I purchased my new truck on Saturday and already have plans to upgrade the Head Unit to an ATOTO A6 Pro Android unit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3T59TX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've gone back and forth on this decision, but ultimately decided that i'll be happy with this set up. My only concern is how to provide content to the rear entertainment screen for the kids as the ATOTO unit doesn't have a video out.

Is there a way I could independently supply video to the rear display via a Raspberry Pi or other device using the a/v jack in the back?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the Yukon and new to the forums. I purchased my new truck on Saturday and already have plans to upgrade the Head Unit to an ATOTO A6 Pro Android unit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3T59TX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've gone back and forth on this decision, but ultimately decided that i'll be happy with this set up. My only concern is how to provide content to the rear entertainment screen for the kids as the ATOTO unit doesn't have a video out.

Is there a way I could independently supply video to the rear display via a Raspberry Pi or other device using the a/v jack in the back?

You can put a video source onto the back screen possibly but there wont be any audio without the front connecting to the back. You will need a video out from whatever unit controls the sound to allow sound to the back (if video will even work).

If you want to control audio/video seperately from front and back units, you will also need RSE technology. Otherwise everyone has to watch what is up front or what is playing in the rear, not both.

OP
OP
L

Lupyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can put a video source onto the back screen possibly but there wont be any audio without the front connecting to the back. You will need a video out from whatever unit controls the sound to allow sound to the back (if video will even work).

If you want to control audio/video seperately from front and back units, you will also need RSE technology. Otherwise everyone has to watch what is up front or what is playing in the rear, not both.

Thanks for the reply! I could make audio work with a bluetooth speaker or headphones. It would be for the kids and I don't care to hear whatever it is they're watching anyway. Learned a new acronym (RSE)...anyway, I'm fine with controlling the RSE from the back via remote ( I think...it will probably be a bit of trial and error). As I mentioned previously though, there's no video out with this head unit, so they won't be watching what I'm playing unless I can figure out a way to cast/stream to another device.

My main question with this set up is...would I need to connect the display to the head unit for power? I haven't looked too much into wire diagrams for this vehicle, but I would assume that's where the power's coming from now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM