Need advice suggestions New Owner Yukon Denali 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUNAID MALIK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys recently bought a Yukon Denali XL on 16th Sep 2021 because of chip shortage inventory around Ontario Canada was surprisingly low like hardly anything available.

Wanted to buy a dark walnut interior only found 1 in Summit white and went for it right away before it got sold as this was only brown interior available in whole ON.

Now Sad part ill be badly missing on Air Ride Suspension / Retractable footsteps / Colour / Rear Infotainment/ 22” inch Black Gloss wheels hence list goes on which is heart breaking but it is what it is.

The question here i feel this Denali more lower on front and high from rear which really isn’t very attractive , dont know if changing it to all 4wd down or UP will fix this balance or not or it will stay like this ? Ill attach 2 pictures for reference. I want its height balanced like the black one which was sadly not for sale.

2nd thing as it was only 12 KM driven i dont know I smelled like a burning tire when i came back from test drive of 2/3 KM. Do you think its because the engine & all parts are brand new that after initial use it smells like this or may be if parking break was pressed and i forgot to release it. Just confused picking up today in noon.

i forgot to ask the salesperson if they can smell it as i was excited to get a Dark Walnut interior and made a decision right away in 2 minutes when i saw my preferable interior and i was desperate to buy it. I don’t regret but any advice and suggestions will help me if i smell it again. should i mention before receiving it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1D5A7310-1FD8-44D6-AB2B-FC29F8C01E51.jpeg
    1D5A7310-1FD8-44D6-AB2B-FC29F8C01E51.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 28
  • A0C21EEC-CC62-4BB7-9A29-E1B09147582B.jpeg
    A0C21EEC-CC62-4BB7-9A29-E1B09147582B.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 30

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy and install the steps direct from Amp, they'll be powered differently but are the same, assuming they are still the OE supplier.

You could run a taller tire to fill in the wheel well, looks like you have 20 inch wheels compared to that black Denali which looks like she's get 22s. 275-60-20 is a 32.99 inch tall tire.

OP
OP
J

JUNAID MALIK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes mine is 20” black one has 22”, but is there no other way that dealership ship service center can balance it as changing tires of different size will make it look ugly.

Also Amp steps wont give it genuine look and feel, already thinking to use until inventory is back in market & supply gets quicker & then buy another one with full options & trade in this dont know how much loss i will take in trading in.

Reading alot of issues on forum specially lifters and suspension for 2021.

Hmmmmm

OP
OP
J

JUNAID MALIK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't really want to buy this one. I would wait and find exactly what you want.
Yes this wasn’t exactly what i was looking for except the interior and few other minor bells and whistles but due to Pandamic and chip shortage there wasn’t really anything available and was tired of hunting and desperate to drive so made a decision but i may upgrade next year if things will get better & confirmation of availability is firm rather then tentative like now a days.
May be loosing some money when trade in but atleast will get what i want also i was looking for High Country Suburban and ended up buying Yukon which is as great as Suburban but will go for High country Suburban with full options and all bells and whistles as my own build.

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this wasn’t exactly what i was looking for except the interior and few other minor bells and whistles but due to Pandamic and chip shortage there wasn’t really anything available and was tired of hunting and desperate to drive so made a decision but i may upgrade next year if things will get better & confirmation of availability is firm rather then tentative like now a days.
May be loosing some money when trade in but atleast will get what i want also i was looking for High Country Suburban and ended up buying Yukon which is as great as Suburban but will go for High country Suburban with full options and all bells and whistles as my own build.
I hope everything works out for you. Enjoy the new ride.

Nima

Reaction score
Hi guys recently bought a Yukon Denali XL on 16th Sep 2021 because of chip shortage inventory around Ontario Canada was surprisingly low like hardly anything available.

Wanted to buy a dark walnut interior only found 1 in Summit white and went for it right away before it got sold as this was only brown interior available in whole ON.

Now Sad part ill be badly missing on Air Ride Suspension / Retractable footsteps / Colour / Rear Infotainment/ 22” inch Black Gloss wheels hence list goes on which is heart breaking but it is what it is.

The question here i feel this Denali more lower on front and high from rear which really isn’t very attractive , dont know if changing it to all 4wd down or UP will fix this balance or not or it will stay like this ? Ill attach 2 pictures for reference. I want its height balanced like the black one which was sadly not for sale.

2nd thing as it was only 12 KM driven i dont know I smelled like a burning tire when i came back from test drive of 2/3 KM. Do you think its because the engine & all parts are brand new that after initial use it smells like this or may be if parking break was pressed and i forgot to release it. Just confused picking up today in noon.

i forgot to ask the salesperson if they can smell it as i was excited to get a Dark Walnut interior and made a decision right away in 2 minutes when i saw my preferable interior and i was desperate to buy it. I don’t regret but any advice and suggestions will help me if i smell it again. should i mention before receiving it.

Thanks
I had a similar problem on my 21 Tahoe at about 3k
Check your discs to see if you find any burnt lines on them . Talk to dealer and tell them what happened
It seems like the car applies the break on its own
I was on the highway when I smelled that and for few seconds I felt like I lost the acceleration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts