new motor install questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlord

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
about to start phase one of my 95 2 door tahoe build

new long block install

is there much point in spending money on hi perf ignition stuff ie msd or other ...or would run of the mill stuff be a better choice

what else is a good idea to replace while im in there ?? ( sensors and so on )

my plans for right now are get the motor done and then start on the sas

also starting to think about gear ratio ( going to run tires between 35 and 38'' )

thinking 456 ? enough ???? or would 488 or higher be a better choice for a family wheeler/expidition rig

has anyone here done a build like mine i can get info on ?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about to start phase one of my 95 2 door tahoe build

new long block install

is there much point in spending money on hi perf ignition stuff ie msd or other ...or would run of the mill stuff be a better choice

what else is a good idea to replace while im in there ?? ( sensors and so on )

my plans for right now are get the motor done and then start on the sas

also starting to think about gear ratio ( going to run tires between 35 and 38'' )

thinking 456 ? enough ???? or would 488 or higher be a better choice for a family wheeler/expidition rig

has anyone here done a build like mine i can get info on ?

There is benefit to a better ignition system, I run Accel cap, coil and wires. Some guys like MSD, some like Mallory, really just personal preference.

As for replacing stuff, yeah everything. All the sensors, water pump, alt and AC is OK to swap. TBI will work, just clean it good, take a pipe cleaner to the vacuum passages to make sure you get everything.

You want to match the gear ratio with the tire size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog