Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDream

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for over a month now so I thought I would introduce myself and one of my babies...Everyone meet Fiona:

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

Even blacked out the license plate frame

photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg

Did the tails done in what I call a "Range Rover" style keeping just enough "reflective red" to make it legal except I starting getting hassled in Reno but not in Vegas so I will most likely re-do them when I move back to Vegas in a week...would enjoy your feedback on what you think of them:

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

Stock 17's powder coated with plenty of tire shine:

IMG_2948.jpg

I'm also contemplating tinting the windshield so I don't get the see-through effect in the front as you see here:

IMG_3347.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! And very nice ride! Any plans with the headlights? Gonna clear em or smoke em?

OP
OP
T

TheDream

Reaction score
Welcome! And very nice ride! Any plans with the headlights? Gonna clear em or smoke em?

Thanks! I'm really leaning towards cracking them and painting the interior black. Not sure If I'm going to clear the side-marker or tape off at that nice line that runs down and just spray it black.

Also debating HID's but not 100% sure yet.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Truck looks really good man! What tint % is that?

Thanks man. I had 35% on the front 2 windows and 50% on the rest excluding windshield. I then went crazy and limo'd (5%) over all of it. I have a buddy who's a cop so I had him test it...

Front 3%

Rear 1%

It's to the point where in Reno I have to roll down my windows at night to make turns or back up. It's a small price to pay if you ask me.

Probably going to got 50-70% on the front in a few week. Will post picks when done.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I'll take a picture of the grill when I re-do it, I'm kinda a perfectionist is as I'm sure everyone else on here is and I'm not happy with it currently.

Just in case anyone was wondering...Total cost to Black it all out... >$500 Just shows you don't have to go broke to have a custom ride that makes you happy :)

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I'm about to put 2% over everything but cant decide on the windshield, prob going to go with 35%. Once again, looks really good and welcome!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome :Handshake:

So they hassle you over tails but not about the tint in Nevada??

OP
OP
T

TheDream

Reaction score
Welcome :Handshake:

So they hassle you over tails but not about the tint in Nevada??

I only got hassled on the tails in Reno, never in Vegas. When I get pulled over I roll both front windows down and shut the car off, slightly open the door to kill the power and when the officer asks me to roll the windows up I show that they wont and I have been informed by my lawyers and other officers that unless you have a warrant I am not to roll them up.

I have friends who are officers and lawyers and they all said that is legal. I've also been informed that unless I'm being a huge jacka** or do something really illegal most cops will find it amusing and let me go.

To date it's happened twice and both times they just laughed. Will it come back to bite me in the a** someday? Most likely but until then I just try not to do anything to draw too much attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon