New member (looking for suggestions on upgrades for NNBS Yukon XL 2500 SLT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a new-to-me 2011 GMC Yukon XL 2500 SLT. I have spent some time on the forums here for the last couple weeks trying to get up to speed on everything NNBS related, but have not had much luck finding specific posts about 2500 models. Can anyone suggest upgrades that are specific to the 2500 model? I know many of the upgrades for the 1500 models crossover to the 2500, but with the 6.0L engine and different drivetrain it is different enough to warrant its own post IMHO. Also if anyone can suggest online vendors (preferably supporting vendors on this forum) that have good selections of accessories for the 2500 that would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to learning/contributing from/to this forum.

Thanks,

Paul

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appearance inside and out would be the same so I'm guessing you're talking performance or suspension?

OP
OP
P

Paul Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appearance inside and out would be the same so I'm guessing you're talking performance or suspension?
Thanks for the quick reply. Performance and suspension are definitely the bigger ones, but I find that on some Internet sites they will not properly identify compatibility with the 2500 so I find myself confused about what options are compatible. Fender flares are one item I want to consider, but everything that I could find was more cosmetic than functional. I want to get some nice off road style flares in black that have the recessed bolts.

I would love to hear what others have done to their 2500s.

Paul

H0llyw00d

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 Yukon xl 2500 and was having the same problem until I messages norcalss and asked him about it. Turns out my 2500 has the same torsion bars and leafs from the 2500 pickups. So for suspension parts that's what I was advised to look for.

OP
OP
P

Paul Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks H0llyw00d,

I have also found that for the most part the truck equivalent of the Yukon XL 2500/Suburban 2500 (Silverado/Sierra 2500 w/ 6.0L Vortec) has many interchangeable parts when it comes to drive train and suspension.

I have seen many reference the 1500HD trucks are the most closely matched since they have the 3/4ton drivetrain/suspension, but not the beefier frame that the 2500 platform trucks have. The Suburban/Yukon XL also do not have the beefier frame from what I have read.

Some of the exceptions that I have found so far are:

- 2011+ truck wheels have a different 8 lug setup that is not compatible
-

Perhaps if others can provide their findings I can keep updating this list and maybe it will be sticky worthy.

-Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo