New Member, Long Time Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nomadandhound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum but I've been driving a Tahoe since I bought my first one in April 1998. It was a 1999 LT with the Z71 package and I drove it until August 2018 when I finally bought a new one (a 2019 LS Custom Edition.) I put over 264,000 miles on it, and to me was the PERFECT vehicle. While my 2019 is comfortable and rides nice, I want more flat cargo room for my camping adventures. I have put a deposit down on an order for a 2023 GMC Yukon AT4 but the dealership hasn't gotten an allocation to order it yet, and I'm now second guessing my choice. I'm now considering getting the Z71 instead, but I'm hung up on whether or not to get the Off-Road Package which includes the Adaptive Air Ride Suspension. While I've read that people really like the way it rides, I'm concerned about how reliable it will be down the road. I'm really looking for another SUV that I want to drive for 20 years like I did my 1999. I love some of the new tech, but at the same time I don't want to worry about stuff failing once my warranty is up. Any thoughts from other members in the group is greatly appreciated! Here is a picture of my beloved 1999 Tahoe.

Attachments

• 99_Tahoe2.jpg
    99_Tahoe2.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 4

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are correct in that the more sophisticated the suspension and tech accessories, the more that it will cost to repair/replace when the time comes. But, you will have about 100,000 miles worth of time to put away and save some money specifically for those repairs/replacements, when the time comes to make them.

cactusrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum but I've been driving a Tahoe since I bought my first one in April 1998. It was a 1999 LT with the Z71 package and I drove it until August 2018 when I finally bought a new one (a 2019 LS Custom Edition.) I put over 264,000 miles on it, and to me was the PERFECT vehicle. While my 2019 is comfortable and rides nice, I want more flat cargo room for my camping adventures. I have put a deposit down on an order for a 2023 GMC Yukon AT4 but the dealership hasn't gotten an allocation to order it yet, and I'm now second guessing my choice. I'm now considering getting the Z71 instead, but I'm hung up on whether or not to get the Off-Road Package which includes the Adaptive Air Ride Suspension. While I've read that people really like the way it rides, I'm concerned about how reliable it will be down the road. I'm really looking for another SUV that I want to drive for 20 years like I did my 1999. I love some of the new tech, but at the same time I don't want to worry about stuff failing once my warranty is up. Any thoughts from other members in the group is greatly appreciated! Here is a picture of my beloved 1999 Tahoe.
I was in very similar spot. Wife bought a early model 99 Tahoe 5.7. We rolled that truck until 2014,, had 345,000 on when we sold it. Still running strong but body was falling apart. Rust from Michigan. Paid 4500 for it used. Sold it for 2700. And was still able to take it off road 4 wheelin

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was in very similar spot. Wife bought a early model 99 Tahoe 5.7. We rolled that truck until 2014,, had 345,000 on when we sold it. Still running strong but body was falling apart. Rust from Michigan. Paid 4500 for it used. Sold it for 2700. And was still able to take it off road 4 wheelin
A true, "gift that keeps on giving".