New member here :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Infamous Ike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m new to TYF, but not new to forums in general.

I recently picked up a 2009 Tahoe PPV. I had been looking for one for several years but I am extremely picky when it comes to car purchases; not something that is easily attainable with a fleet vehicle, I know. I didn’t want to purchase a PPV straight from the auction, as I hate electrical work and dealing with cut wires and non working accessories would have me pulling my hair out. I also did not want one painted black, as the paint is usually shot from abuse and neglect.

The PPV I found was local, and white, which is the color I had been searching for. According to the previous owner and carfax, I confirmed it was only in service for 2 years (20k miles) in a department somewhere in Texas. I’m assuming this was a detectives vehicle or a take home car, as this vehicle is immaculate.

It has a working spot light which was recently replaced due to the glass being hazy, but no holes from radios, antennas, cages, patrol dome lights, etc. All the windows work, speakers, door handles etc. A Planet Audio touchscreen head unit has been installed with Polk Audio speakers. Nothing crazy, but it sounds good. The rear cargo area panels don’t look like they were used to haul an assortment of saw blades and decorative stones. It even has a full center console with working 12v outlets (no birds nest of wires underneath which surprised me) and carpet from front to rear seat area. From my understanding, PPV’s didn’t come with carpet so I’m assuming a previous owner added this creature comfort. Rear cargo area still has the rubber floor which I actually like. It does have strobes in the taillights (only ones I’ve found), but they aren’t hooked up to any switches and I’m not sure how they were turned on previously.

It’s been lowered 2” with Belltech drop spindles and springs, and the front suspension was completely rebuilt by the previous owner. Even with the drop, this thing rides smoothly (color me shocked), even on the highway. 120mph felt like 65 to my fiancé which even impressed her (after her “OMG!” moment) and she’s not a car person by any means. Other than that, it was completely stock. The owner had the plans and materials to install a turbo 6.2 with a 4L80E but life took him in another direction.

I have since added a K&N drop in filter, an Airaid intake tube and cut off the resonator. I MAY purchase a Volant intake system in the future, but I like my “bang for the buck” setup currently. Next plans are to add a Corsa sport catback, which brings me to my first question. (I can redirect this question to the appropriate area if needed.)

As far as the Corsa exhaust question, I would LIKE for the exhaust to exit out the side behind the passenger rear tire. According to Corsa’s site, they only offer a catback which exits directly out the rear for the Tahoe. They have a catback for the Yukon and Escalade which exits where I want, but they say (over the phone with sales and tech) that it will not work for my vehicle. Is this true? Does anyone have the Corsa system that exits where I want?

Sorry for the long post. Now, for the pictures!

1b0bf296c3c41b0baf53746b0a6a8aae.jpg

a263b703ba1beca581be2138ee6ccb35.jpg

15ce35cc3e3eacde6587c0d148f041dd.jpg

1ab06b61eea5f4c5174c7f52b071bb2a.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Ike!! Nice find!! looks to be in excellent shape and very well maintained.

You can redirect your question and further questions to the 2007-2014 Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion section..Your 2009 Tahoe PPV looks so awesome we will just leave this post right here for everyone to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts