New member from VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masterly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings from Northern VA, I hope is doing well. I drive a Range Rover and my wife drives a Lexus LX. You may ask why am I here:) well the wifey had decided that she wanted a new truck and that she wants a Suburban or a Yukon XL because she needs space not sure why, but what do I know:), we have 3 kids and one will be off to college in a year.
I have been lurking here now for the past month because I want to learn as much as I can about the car that she like.
Finally last week, we have been test driving the Tahoe RST, Suburban RST, High country, GMC Yukon XL and the Denali. What I noticed is that every time I go to the dealer I was told there are not many inventory/chip shortage and yet they have the car that we are looking for. So far those dealership are constantly calling/emailing...and just this morning, before 10 I already have 3 message..
I have not thoroughly research the pricing as of yet because we have not zeroed in on the car. So my question to all of you, in this market, can you still haggle the price, how realistic it is to get below msrp or at msrp. I feel like I have all the leverage..
Sorry for the long post,
Appreciate all your feedback and I thank you for your kind assistance!
All the best,
David

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

From what I've seen from posts by other members of this Forum regarding new truck availability and pricing is that availability is uncertain at best, and there are no discounts or negotiations on price taking place at this time.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

It is not realistic to get it below MSRP at this time but anything is possible. BTW just came through your neck of the woods in Northern Virginia. Traffic was a total nightmare as usual from Dale City North. Average speed was 0-10 MPH.

OP
OP
M

masterly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

It is not realistic to get it below MSRP at this time but anything is possible. BTW just came through your neck of the woods in Northern Virginia. Traffic was a total nightmare as usual from Dale City North. Average speed was 0-10 MPH.
hahaha, traffic is any day and any time :(, thanks for the welcome!

EMTPete

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I'm also in NOVA. I ended up buying my Yukon out of state due to "market adjustment" fees. Firtzgerald GMC near Rockville, MD told me they don't sell over MSRP, which is about as good as you can find lately. Koons wanted up to $20k over MSRP for a diesel Yukon when I was searching for mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts