New member 95 2door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil 'Bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
im a new member to the site. This is my 95 Tahoe 2 door Sport 4x4.
Had it for over 2 years now, I got it in Jan on 2007, bought it of of ebay.
The previous owner kept it pretty nice, it had 119,000 miles on it , had newer paint on it, and a small stereo system in it. Had a powered sub and newer speakers and a Alpine headunit. It had a Gibson catback on it and was fairly clean and got it for a fair price.
First thing i did was install a differant Alpine headunit cd/mp3, Sirrus and took out the 10" powered sub. i installed bigger power and ground wires and better RCA's and installed a 1000w JL Audio sub amp powering 2 12" JL Audio's in a ported/stuffed bass box( thing is heavy).
Then next mod was i bought some 07 Escalade rims off ebay(LOL i love ebay!) . usually i use the truck for a lot of towing, mostly boats and i noticed while towing a decent size boat the 'Hoe was losing power bad and i was smelling antifreeze. I added some coolant and changed the oil. gave it a compression test and i had 2 cylinders down on the left side. So i just babied the truck for a little while and the thing went another 3 months still had decent power like that while i saved some money.
i decided to do my motor myself so i tore the motor down, and found the headgasket was bad on one side. So originally i was gonna send both my heads to the engine shop and get new head gaskets. Then i found out one of my heads was cracked and then my engine builder told me that my motor had alot of miles (by now 130K) on the bottom end , and to throw new heads on it might not be a good idea. So i pulled the rest of my motor and brought it to him, he told me he could rebuild it and put a better towing cam in it and he could make it a 383 cubic inch for not much more. So i went ahead and had it done. Once i got the engine back from him i painted it chevy orange and started putting all the componets back on and dropped it back in with a new B&M torq converter. the motor was great but after about 200 miles the tranny blew. I was so pissed off at this point and sent it to the tranny shop and they put a rebuild in there. Belive it or not they said that the B&M Torq converter was bad and that caused my tranny to blow.
Then i had to get an exhaust because the Gibson that was on it was all rotted and it broke off. So i had a custom true dual exhaust done by a local guy. He put two high flow cats and two Magnaflow mufflers on not really loud at all unless i get on it.
Well since then its been great, only thing i did was change the headlights, i do wanna get some H.I.D's tho and do the mod to put high and lowbeams on at the same time. Also want to redo the interior next, carpet and maybe Denali or Escalade door panels and seats.
Any other ideas would be great guys thanks !!!!

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1522-dsc00134.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1521-dsc00132.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1523-dsc00135-383-stroker.jpg

since then B&M sticker has come off LOL

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1524-dsc00136.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1519-dsc00114-my-daily-driver-1995-chevy-tahoe-4x4-383-stroker-motor.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture1520-dsc00131.jpg

i will try and get some newer pics and of my exhaust up tomorrow, i might throw it on the lift and do my shocks and change my oil hopefully.

Also here is my bike and Trans Am

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture3245-dsc00317.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture2889-vp1292155-1-large.jpg

evilbird-albums-evilbird-picture3248-dsc00327.jpg

gotta little Prelude project goin on the side also.. shes got a 200hp JDM H22 motor swap in it

Thanks for viewing!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evil 'Bird

Evil 'Bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good man. nice bike

thanks man! your truck is sweet too.. i like the lift ive been thinking sbout it and selling the Lade wheels..still not sure what i wanna do

either that or get some 22 or 24"rs haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evil 'Bird

Evil 'Bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well take off the hoodscoops and sell me the wheels love the truck alltho a nice ss hood would look nice

yea the hoodscoops where on it when i bought it and when they repainted the hood they did it with the scoops on so the paint underneth is original and u can tell a differance.:emotions122: but yea i was thinkin of a new SS hood

i will sell u the rims once i save some money and decide what differant rims i want. for now tho im rockin those

did ur rims get stolen or sumthin?
BTW ur truck is clean too

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the longest intros ive seen haha.

Welcome to the site!! The rides look good!!

OP
OP
Evil 'Bird

Evil 'Bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck! sounds like you've done a lot of work.
thanks man ur truck is sweet too like the black rims on the red

yea it was a long into LOL...didnt relize it till i finished, but i guess its cus i did have to do alot of work.. lol

i just edited it shortend it a little

Last edited:

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Lookin good man !

Im not one to criticize but " Just say NO to Stick on hood scoops!"

Nice clean ride man!

BTW hows it run with the 383?

Stock or votec heads? Intake? Computer tuning for the bigger motor?

Different Fuel regulator or pump?

I'd like to mod mine next spring.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj