New Member - 2012 Tahoe LT Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill D

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 Tahoe LT Z71 with nearly every available option for $14,500. The build sheet reads like a novel. The vehicle spent its entire life after it was traded at 22K miles (GM Executive) as a Chevy dealer daily service customer drop off vehicle and was driven by a single driver.

Every day; between 1 and 3X day through the car wash. Detailed daily. Under body is absolutely like new, no rust, all paint intact including 100% of the the brake lines. The motor is like a dream. It was never driven over 70 Mph and its trips were all 5 - 10 miles each way. Not one spec of oil leaking from any drive-line component. Transfer case all functions feels as tight a a zero mile vehicle.

Apparently old Joe the driver had friends in the detailing shop as well as the mechanics, nothing appears to show any wear at 143K (Is Armor all toxic?). Full Carfax outlines details of Brake fluid changes (every 15K Miles, Steering fluid every 15K miles , coolant and Transmission fluid every 35K miles, oil changes - when needed - they actually stretched them out. So much for worrying about AFM issues, I actually like the little idle rumble I felt at the first stop light after exiting after an 80 MPH 25 mile highway cruise test drive. I'm going to pick something else in my life to worry about.

Basically, it runs as new. The Chevy dealer that owned it recently traded it to a Local Cadillac dealer as part of a deal to buy a 25K 2018 Tahoe to replace it. Apparently GM Dealers buy their own certified Vehicles and and turn them into drop off / Pick up vehicles take advantage of the Warranties. I called the Chevy dealer and spoke with the driver (One owner so to speak) who assured me that in order to please the customers at the GM Tech Center it was serviced as needed when ever needed, detailed daily, kept in a heated garage overnight all while driven by a 70 year old guy carefully dropping GM employees.

The Dealer Used Car Manager (big guy) at the Cadillac dealer I am purchasing it from drove it for 2 weeks and said he preferred it to the 2016 Escalade because the ride is similar and the small Console on the Z71 gives him room that the Escalade's big console steals!

A new spin on the Little old School teacher who only drove to church on Sunday, but its all true and a real find. I pick it up tomorrow, I am in love with this Secret Service looking Beauty and cant get the thought of driving it away out of my head!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one AWESOME find!!!!

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
There's my tahoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used that exact vehicle to retrace the steps of the baha 1000 off road race! my buddies and our mascot pit bull dog were all drinking beer in the back while watching the "dust to glory" movie on the built in dvd screen and telling me when to turn left/right/throttle it! I was driving and drinking jack and coke as it takes away all reasoning and common sense that allowed me to throttle through the blindness of dust/silt and ruts along the way. At the end of it all, the tow truck dropped us off at a detailing shop in cabo where they must have done a fantastic job of cleaning the smell of beer out of the inside, Changed all fluids and removed the vinyl wrap from the painted surfaces. She was a great ride and now knowing she has a new home ill update the carfax to document the whole adventure! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's all fiction and that is a beautiful vehicle. This is a valuable forum with experienced members and alot of knowledge. Im just having some fun and hope you realize that! welcome and what a pampered machine you found

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
OMG thanks...for a second I was believing you. I found a taco bell wrapper under the drivers seat :cheers: Shes a good girl!

Truly a great find and black as a limo should be! These vehicles when loaded are sooooo nice. Ive mentioned before that i was loyal to MBZ for years and spent crazy amounts of cash on the S class. Had i simply ventured into a chevy dealer and test drove a loaded denali xl i could have bought two for the price of a loaded S500. live and learn! i allways ordered them in iridium silver as i didnt have the courage to keep a black car spotless, but when black cars are clean they are absolutely beautiful! The luxury of your new ride makes driving to the store or accross country somthing to look forward to. I also choose to accept the idle/rumble as normal for the design, at any rpm above idle it is perfectly smooth as glass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
I agree! Just today I noticed how small a Lexus GX looks next to my Tahoe ! I had it parked next to one of my employees vehicles that's about 6 months old, and is also black. The Tahoe looked just as new sitting next to his Black Ford Edge, paint, wheels, the whole thing. My vehicle is loaded to the hilt and a true SUV. His is a base vehicle. He pays 100$ more a month than I do in payments!

On the Black color, its impossible to remove the fine scratches the car washes leave on the clear coat, but good old Turtle Wax has a solution! Their Black Car wax paste in the bottle is so easy to use. Goes on and off very easy regardless of the temperature, and because its black it works on everything on the truck including the trim. Can do the whole truck minus the roof in 20 minutes, with no white marks, or dust, just a glass like smooth shine and no swirl marks showing for a just a few washes.

My trucks idle is only ever so slightly rough like its saying "i wont be perfect cuz I don't have to" idle. I figure if the original plugs and wires get replaced it will smooth it out perfect. I just don't have the courage to take off my forearm skin right now getting plug #1 out. I did it on My Avalanche and those forearms have memories of the digging and skin removal. Maybe after Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos