New katzkin Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would look way better and much classier WITHOUT the stitching (especially the RED) in the headrests.

Other than that, pretty sweet!

OP
OP
Denalixl364

Denalixl364

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, the stitching in the headrests matches the emblems i made for the truck. Thats why. there an exact match the the emblems on the door

OP
OP
Denalixl364

Denalixl364

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe that this kit can be used to go from cloth to leather

ThatDudeOrion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting the Katzkins and I was wondering what their leather is like? They look awesome in every pic I've seen, but I'm wondering if it is the same kind of leather as the OEM seats? I don't like the OEM leather in my Escalade because it feels really plasticy (I think because it's urethane coated) it doesn't even feel like leather to me, more like plastic/vinyl. My wife's Benz has what I consider real full-grain leather seats that feel like real leather not this plastic crap from GM, is the Katzkins leather like that?

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzkin makes multiple leather grade options. The premuim stuff is high end, the base option Is a mix of leather and sythetic materials. Ive used both, the base material is very durable, much more so then the oem leather. Good for cloth conversions or cheap restores. The oem leather is much softer, more like the katzkin premium options.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Denalixl364

Denalixl364

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oem leather that I had in my Denali was also plastic feeling. Did not wear well. This leather kit is much nicer and softer. The katzkin kit was worth every penny. Also I'm not sure I would use the words "cheap restores" the leather kits are not cheap, just cheaper then a kit from scratch.

Mol

Reaction score
I have used different grades of katzkin leather in no fewer than probably 25 vehicles, as a former dealer. More often installed in our new Pontiac's, and the occasional Buick that had all the options the customer wanted minus leather.

I installed katzkin vinyl in my personal jeep, and was very pleased with it, as well (but it served a different purpose...hose friendly).

The leather, even in the middle grade (non vinyl) was a better quality than was used in new Pontiac and new GMC, and about on point with Buick. The premium grade was nicer than either offered. You have the choice to order it flat finish or ruffled...the ruffled being a little more plush/soft/loose looking, the flat being like a seat in a VW, flat tight leather. It always looks a little funky for the first couple days, but settles in very nicely after a few days time and a few temperature changes.

I love the stuff, and will be replacing my beatup front seats and captain's chairs in short order with factory match color. Probably won't touch the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58