new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSU BullDAWGz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome and nice looking LT 4wd. I've got an 05 LT 4x4 Suburban 1500 in the process of upgrading it. Adding a torquer cam, tbss intake, LS6 springs, shorty headers w/ true dual exhaust, 2-3” lift for some 33" TSL Super Swampers.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NJ. I owned an 08 Avalanche for 10 years so pretty much the same truck you have, The GMT900 platform was excellent although not without its quirks.

I agree with @swathdiver on the OE parts and severe maintenance. A lot of the general public/owners have issues with AFM/DOD lifters etc, but if you change the oil regularly between 3k & 4k you shouldn't run into any issues, Had 160k on my Avy and never had an engine tick.

Change the trans fluid every 25k or less and add a trucool 40k after the radiator plate to keep the trans temps low and that should extend the life of that 4L80 trans.

If you are looking for a little more power, before you dive into adding parts....get yourself a tune either from a local shop or reach out to @bentuneperformance on Instagram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne